Crusader Akkhan Blessed Shield Build
Welcome to our build guide for Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
With massive numbers buffs in Patch 2.6.1, the dedicated legendaries from several patches prior finally elevate one of the signature Crusader skills, Blessed Shield, to an endgame state. This build plays on the compelling fantasy of using the shield as a weapon, charging it with holy might and reaping an entire field of demons with a single, mighty toss. This mid range, sustained damage playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Blessed Shield Combust Iron Skin Steel Skin 1 Laws of Valor Critical 2 Steed Charge Draw and Quarter 3 Consecration Bathed in Light 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Blessed Shield Combust Iron Skin Flash 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Steed Charge Endurance 3 Condemn Vacuum 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Akkhan
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Cuisses of Akkhan
- Boots: Sabatons of Akkhan
- Bracers: Akkhan's Manacles
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Gyrfalcon's Foote
- Offhand: Jekangbord
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 15 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 25 Nov. 2017 (this page): Slight revision to stat recommendations.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Added new build.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)