Demon Hunter Legacy of Nightmares Fan of Knives Build
Welcome to our build guide for LoN FoK Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The LoN Fan of Knives Demon Hunter arose with the updated powers of the Legacy of Nightmares set, enabling set-like powers to an arsenal of synergistic legendary items for a bursty spec that plays on the brink of death. The sole purpose of the build is clearing high end Greater Rifts.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the LoN Fan of Knives Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Evasive Fire Focus Strafe Drifting Shadow 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Smoke Screen Special Recipe 3 Fan of Knives Pinpoint Accuracy 4 Companion Wolf Companion|
2.2. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the LoN Fan of Knives Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Leoric's Crown
- Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling
- Gloves: St. Archew's Gage
- Chest: Shi Mizu's Haori
- Belt: Thundergod's Vigor
- Pants: Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan
- Boots: Irontoe Mudsputters
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Dexterity
- Ring 1: The Wailing Host
- Ring 2: Litany of the Undaunted
- Weapon: Fortress Ballista
- Offhand: Dawn
2.3. Legendary Gems
2.4. Kanai's Cube
3. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Low Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking to challenge yourself with an unorthodox, but still very viable build to complete the Season Journey with, consider using this build.
The build is constructed for solo Greater Rifting, as one or more of its core mechanics are deemed too slow or timing-oriented for the quick nature of Normal Rifts and Bounties. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): No revisions necessary for patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)