Demon Hunter Shadow/Marauder Fan of Knives Build
Welcome to our build guide for Shadow/Marauder FoK Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
One of the longest suffering sets in RoS, The Shadows Mantle received a full-blown rework in Patch 2.4 that aimed to propel it into endgame viability, as well as to introduce a new flavor to Demon Hunters. Mixed in with a Demon Hunter staple, the Marauder set, it creates a unique melee assassination playstyle that is geared towards Greater Rift solo progression. We also have a speed farming variation that you can access using the link below.
The basic skill setup of the Shadow/Marauder Fan of Knives Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Bolas Freezing Strike Fan of Knives Pinpoint Accuracy 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Smoke Screen Vanishing Powder 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Marked for Death Valley of Death|
The required gear setup for the Shadow/Marauder Fan of Knives Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Marauder's Visage
- Shoulders: The Shadow's Burden
- Gloves: Marauder's Gloves
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Belt: Zoey's Secret
- Pants: The Shadow's Coil
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Stone of Jordan
- Weapon: Lord Greenstone's Fan
- Offhand: Holy Point Shot
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
- 21 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 16 Jan. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): No major changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Diablo 4 GamesRadar Hands On - Death Kits, Difficulty and More
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Crusader Solo GR 150, 12 Mins with Great Commentary
- Season 20 PTR and Balance Blog Timing + All Diablo 3 Season Durations
- Diablo 4 Vs. 3 Vs. 2 Graphics and Art Style Comparisons
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV in 2020
- Old Diablo 3 Forums Shutting Down Today
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- (Seasonal)StoneClan is recruiting casual D3 players for seasonal play
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter The Thrill Conquest
- Efficient Regular Rifts Guide