Generator Necromancer Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Generator Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Inarius Generator Necromancer deals excellently with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Skeletal Mage Contamination 2 Frailty Aura of Frailty 3 Command Skeletons Kill Command 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Making a mental note to spam Bone Armor on enemy packs during In-geom uptime. The In-geom proc will effectively nullify that cooldown, allowing you an easy proc of Krysbin's Sentence on every pack with a Dislocation cast.
- Swapping the defensive Potency rune of Blood Rush for the double charges of Metabolism.
- Swapping the extra Nayr's Black Death proc from Death Nova Blight for the automated, offense staple Frailty Aura of Frailty. Note the extension of the aura radius through your gold pickup radius — an important factor that you will influence through gearing (see below).
- Changing the full resource dump of Skeletal Mage Singularity to the more moderate spending of Contamination — this allows you to regain the lost Nayr's Black Death stack.
3. Adapting Gear
Both the extra toughness form Unity and the timed damage increase of Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. That progresion-oriented jewelry will be better replaced by a split between Briggs' Wrath (for the automated, convenient pull on cursed enemies), and an Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder). Avarice Band is an Act III cache legendary that, in conjunction with a gemmed Boon of the Hoarder and a worn Goldwrap, will render you practically invulnerable during Normal Rift farming. Note that it also extends your pickup radius up to the whopping 30 yards as you pick up gold, enabling a near screen-wide effect to Aura of Frailty.
While it might seem like a massive damage loss at first, it is highly recommended that you drop Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang during speed farming for the unlimited Blood Rush mobility provided by In-geom resets.
4. Adapting Gemming
In speed runs, sheer number of attacks required to take down enemies is much smaller, allowing you to cut out Bane of the Stricken in favor of Boon of the Hoarder — part of the gold utility triumvirate outlined above.
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
- 27 Mar. 2018: Added the guide.
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Bungie Regains Publishing Rights for Destiny
- 2 Chief Financial Officers Left Activision Blizzard in 2019
- The Darkening of Tristram Anniversary Event Returns!
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #32
- Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Furious Charge Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sentry Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Torment levels
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Question About Knockback / Wizard