Generator Necromancer Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Generator Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Inarius Generator Necromancer deals excellently with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Skeletal Mage Contamination 2 Frailty Aura of Frailty 3 Command Skeletons Kill Command 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Making a mental note to spam Bone Armor on enemy packs during In-geom uptime. The In-geom proc will effectively nullify that cooldown, allowing you an easy proc of Krysbin's Sentence on every pack with a Dislocation cast.
- Swapping the defensive Potency rune of Blood Rush for the double charges of Metabolism.
- Swapping the extra Nayr's Black Death proc from Death Nova Blight for the automated, offense staple Frailty Aura of Frailty. Note the extension of the aura radius through your gold pickup radius — an important factor that you will influence through gearing (see below).
- Changing the full resource dump of Skeletal Mage Singularity to the more moderate spending of Contamination — this allows you to regain the lost Nayr's Black Death stack.
Both the extra toughness form Unity and the timed damage increase of Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. That progresion-oriented jewelry will be better replaced by a split between Briggs' Wrath (for the automated, convenient pull on cursed enemies), and an Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder). Avarice Band is an Act III cache legendary that, in conjunction with a gemmed Boon of the Hoarder and a worn Goldwrap, will render you practically invulnerable during Normal Rift farming. Note that it also extends your pickup radius up to the whopping 30 yards as you pick up gold, enabling a near screen-wide effect to Aura of Frailty.
While it might seem like a massive damage loss at first, it is highly recommended that you drop Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang during speed farming for the unlimited Blood Rush mobility provided by In-geom resets.
In speed runs, sheer number of attacks required to take down enemies is much smaller, allowing you to cut out Bane of the Stricken in favor of Boon of the Hoarder — part of the gold utility triumvirate outlined above.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Mar. 2018: Added the guide.
- PTR Patch 2.6.7 Notes - Season of Eternal Conflict (S19)
- Challenge Rift 120 Guides
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- Legacy of Dreams Gem Drop Chance Increased in Season 19
- Challenge Rift 119 Guides
- Diablo 3 Classified as a Blizzard Classic Game
- Challenge Rift 117 Guides
- Challenge Rift 116 Guides
- Necromancer lazy Pestilence possible?
- Boss Mode Conquest
- RoRG Not Dropping
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire