Corpse Lance Necromancer Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Corpse Lance Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Corpse Lance Necromancer can deal quite well with farming Torment difficulty Rifts and low-to-mid Greater Rifts at a very high speed. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of these lower difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Corpse Lance Ricochet Blood Rush Molting 1 Bone Armor Dislocation 2 Devour Cannibalize 3 Bone Spear Blighted Marrow 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
The build is a variation of the standard Pestilence progression setup that relies on the fast elite kill speed of low tier content to constantly fuel In-geom and chain Land of the Dead casts. It also drops Reilena's Shadowhook from the cube in favor of Nayr's Black Death, replacing the focus on Essence with using Poison skills as your main means to scale your damage. This means you can drop cooldown-centric buffs like Simulacrum Reservoir and Decrepify Borrowed Time from the bar, in favor of simple Poison utility skills like Bone Armor Dislocation and Bone Spear Blighted Marrow.
The rotation of the build goes roughly like this:
- Activate Land of the Dead as soon as it comes up, ideally with complete overlap. This can be accomplished with as low as two elite kills within a single Land of the Dead window, given the focus on CDR on gear.
- Buff up your damage by using Bone Armor Dislocation, Bone Spear Blighted Marrow and Corpse Lance Ricochet at regular intervals, feeding into the cubed Nayr's Black Death. Note that you will have to manually cast at least one Corpse Lance Ricochet, since the auto shots from the Pestilence 2-piece will not count towards the bonus.
- Use Bone Spear Blighted Marrow as much as necessary to reset your Land of the Dead, if the In-geom resets do not line up properly. This will work due to the worn Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Note that you can also use another spender like Death Nova Blight for the same purpose. Neither skill will contribute significantly to your DPS.
- Spam Devour Cannibalize to sustain your health and get free Corpse Lance Ricochet shots from the Pestilence 2-piece.
- Move around with Blood Rush Molting.
You will also need to make the following gear alterations:
- Replace the progression-oriented Endless Walk set ( The Compass Rose and The Traveler's Pledge) for Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and The Johnstone. The former will help with resetting the crucial Land of the Dead cooldown in the moments In-geom fails you; with just a few Bone Spear shots, you should be back in LotD god mode. The latter will empower those Bone Spear shots enough to make them capable of finishing off unlucky survivors. Complete the worn jewelry with a Krysbin's Sentence.
- Replace the Pestilence Defense with Corpsewhisper Pauldrons, and complete your Pestilence 6-piece bonus with a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube. Those legendary shoulders are a cornerstone item for Lance builds, and equipping them leaves space for powerful speed boost of Steuart's Greaves in the Cube.
- Replace Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang and Dayntee's Binding, key progression-oriented items, with In-geom and Vigilante Belt respectively.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights are significantly faster and less threatening; thus, the value of gems like Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard diminishes and it is best replaced by Gogok of Swiftness for the extra Cooldown Reduction.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
As mentioned above, you will be using the multitude Poison skills at your disposal — Ricochet, Dislocation, Blighted Marrow — to get the consistent damage increase of Nayr's Black Death.
Stored in the Armor slot, Steuart's Greaves will greatly improve your movement speed throughout the Rift — one of the major marks of a good farming build. Note that this slot is interchangeable with Corpsewhisper Pauldrons, depending on your better rolled item — simply adapt your worn Pestilence pieces to your superior legendary.
Naturally, Ring of Royal Grandeur is needed in the Cube to maintain the Pestilence 6-piece bonus.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Oct. 2017: Reworked the variant to a Pestilence setup.
- 15 Jul. 2017: Updated the speed farming guide with optimized suggestions.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)