Corpse Lance Necromancer Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Corpse Lance Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Corpse Lance Necromancer can deal quite well with farming Torment difficulty Rifts and low-to-mid Greater Rifts at a very high speed. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of these lower difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Corpse Lance Ricochet Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish 2 Devour Cannibalize 3 Command Skeletons Enforcer 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
The build is a variation of the standard Pestilence progression setup that relies on the fast elite kill speed of low tier content to constantly fuel Messerschmidt's Reaver and chain Land of the Dead casts.
The rotation of the build goes roughly like this:
- Activate Land of the Dead as soon as it comes up, ideally with complete overlap. This can be accomplished with as low as two elite kills within a single Land of the Dead window, given the focus on CDR on gear.
- Sic your Command Skeletons on nearby monsters to buff up your damage from the Jesseth's Arms set, Jesseth Skullscythe and Jesseth Skullshield.
- Maintain your supreme speed with a combination of the passive buff from Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish and the active use of Blood Rush Metabolism.
- Note that since Command Skeletons is a spender, you might have to spam it a bit to reset your Land of the Dead, if the Messerschmidt's Reaver resets do not line up properly. This will work due to the cubed Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.
- Spam Devour Cannibalize to sustain your health and get free Corpse Lance Ricochet shots from the Pestilence 2-piece.
You will also need to make the following gear alterations:
- Re-introduce the missing sixth piece of the Pestilence set (the one that you drop in the progression variant to fit a Cpt. Crimson piece in). This will allow you to drop Ring of Royal Grandeur from the Cube and use Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac instead.
- Replace the progression-oriented Convention of Elements for the speed farming-appropriate Avarice Band. This Act III bounty cache legendary ring will greatly increase your pickup radius as you gain gold, forming a solid triumvirate of powers with the worn Goldwrap and socketed Boon of the Hoarder. Complete the worn jewelry with the usual Squirt's Necklace and Krysbin's Sentence.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights are significantly faster and cooldown resets come fast; thus, the value of Gogok of Swiftness diminishes and it is best replaced by Boon of the Hoarder for the gold-related synergies outlined above.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
For your weapon slot, you can run either Messerschmidt's Reaver (solo normal rift farming) or In-geom (group normal rift farming) as your cooldown reduction powerhouse; both will work exceptionally well with the build.
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac should be equipped in the jewelry Cube slot; this way, whenever a rift slows down and the Land of the Dead reset does not overlap as easily, you can spam some Command Skeletons to make up the CDR loss via Essence spending.
During Season 22 you will have a 4th Kanai's Cube slot to play with, so you are able to keep Reilena's Shadowhook for Essence-based damage amplification without sacrificing farming, utility-driven item choices.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added 4th Cube slot recommendation for Season 22.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Guide was revised with respect to the changes to the Jesseth set in Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Oct. 2017: Reworked the variant to a Pestilence setup.
- 15 Jul. 2017: Updated the speed farming guide with optimized suggestions.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon