LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer Key Farming Variation
Regular Rift Key Farming
The LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer deals with Normal Rift farming excellently, making it one of the preferable builds for the purpose. We have solo speed GR rankings and solo speed T16 rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Frailty Aura of Frailty Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 2 Corpse Explosion Final Embrace 3 Decrepify Borrowed Time 4 Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish|
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Of course, Corpse Explosion is still the main damage dealer of the build. You can experiment with the rune, since Nayr stack buildup is not something you particularly care for in standard rifts. Options like Bloody Mess or Final Embrace are completely viable here.
- If the cooldown reduction equipment you wear does not manage to get you to Land of the Dead overlap, you have a failsafe in the face of Decrepify Borrowed Time, which you can simply spread around upcoming fights at your convenience.
- For maximum convenience, you will be using the Frailty curse with the automated radius of Aura of Frailty; its culling effect is a nice bonus, but the real benefit lies in its pulling synergy with the worn (or cubed) Briggs' Wrath.
- Land of the Dead will stay on the hard CC effect of Frozen Lands, ideally overlapping with the strong cooldown reduction-oriented choices in your gearing.
- Bone Armor will be taken with the farming-oriented Harvest of Anguish due to the movement speed buff.
- For maximum mobility, Blood Rush will be taken with the doubled charges of Metabolism.
Some of your progression passives will still make sense during speed farming, i.e. Spreading Malediction (extra damage based on cursed enemies) and Blood is Power (extra CDR) are still quite valuable. We also recommend adding Final Service for the cheat death, as it will prevent the occasional mishap and death-related slowdown, as well as Fueled by Death to further your mobility during standard rift farming.
Since speed is essential in XP runs, you will be wearing Steuart's Greaves over the progression-oriented Ice Climbers, and will be slotting Blood Rush Metabolism in your active skills accordingly (see above).
When it comes to jewelry, our basic recommendation is to keep Krysbin's Sentence for the invaluable damage multiplication bonuses, and add the Act III bounty cache legendary Avarice Band for its tremendous speed farming utility. The combined power of the latter when socketed with a Boon of the Hoarder and paired with Goldwrap will both greatly speed you up and render you near-invulnerable in standard rift farming. The third suggested ring is Briggs' Wrath for the pulling effect on enemies as your curse aura affects them, bringing them right into the devastation of your Corpse Explosions. Distribute these three recommended rings according to your best rolls, wearing your two best and cubing the third.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Angelic Crucible Sanctification
Season 27 comes with the theme of Angelic Crucibles — consumable items that empower Legendary items with perfected Ancient-level stats, as well as infuse them with one of three unique, powerful, class-specific abilities at random. For this build, we recommend introducing Command Golem Flesh Golem to your skill line-up (substituting Decrepify Borrowed Time) and aiming for the Command Golem Sanctification, which adds the following power to your build:
- Command Golem Sanctification: Your Golem now picks up corpses within 20 yards. Each corpse it stores allows you to cast any corpse spending ability ( Corpse Explosion, Corpse Lance, or Revive) with the max number of corpses consumed per cast. Up to 30 corpses can be stored.
Use Angelic Crucibles on an item that crosses over most (if not all) variants of a build, and is also an item that is relatively harder to perfect than other slots (since sanctifying an item maximizes its stats). In the case of this build, good candidates for Sanctification are your weapon, Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang, or a jewelry piece like Krysbin's Sentence.
You can read more on Angelic Crucibles and the sanctification process in our dedicated Angelic Crucible Mechanics guide.
You will maintain Bane of the Trapped and Legacy of Dreams as crucial legendary gems for the build, but should replace Bane of the Stricken for Boon of the Hoarder for the Avarice Band- Goldwrap synergy during farming runs.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
For your weapon slot, you should run Messerschmidt's Reaver as your second cooldown reduction powerhouse, paired with your equipped In-geom; both will work exceptionally well with this LotD-dependent build.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during standard T16 rifts farming is the Enchantress due to her vast array of bonuses that complement this build; most notably, Prophetic Harmony for the Cooldown Reduction and Amplification for the elemental damage increase, both of which you can attain by using a Hand of the Prophet.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
The preferred potions for this build are Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid (allowing you to break down Waller affixes that impede your positioning) and Bottomless Potion of the Tower (whose Armor-increasing properties complement the naturally high All Resistances stat of Necromancers). Pick whichever you feel helps you out the most.
- 26 Aug. 2022: Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022: Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 01 Feb. 2022: Altered the helm and off-hand recommendations to better fit the S25 meta.
- 08 Dec. 2021: Minor gear and skill revision; added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 22 Jul. 2021: Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Minor gear adjustments and added a follower recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- Diablo Immortal Rising Damnation Content Update
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3rd
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- Recap of the First Diablo IV Developer Update Livestream
- Diablo 3 Holiday Gift Drops: Pets and Cosmetics
- Diablo IV Limited Collector's Box Now Available for Pre-Purchase
- Diablo IV Developer Update Livestream: December 15th
- Diablo Immortal: New Expansion Coming December 14