LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer Key Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Key Farming variant of LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Regular Rift Key Farming
The LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer deals with Normal Rift farming excellently, making it one of the preferable builds for the purpose. We have speed farming rankings, if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Frailty Aura of Frailty Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 2 Corpse Explosion Close Quarters 3 Decrepify Borrowed Time 4 Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish|
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Of course, Corpse Explosion is still the main damage dealer of the build, coupled with the Close Quarters rune — although you can experiment with the latter, since Nayr stack buildup is not something you particularly care for in standard rifts. Options like Bloody Mess or Final Embrace are completely viable.
- If the cooldown reduction equipment you wear does not manage to get you to Land of the Dead overlap, you have a failsafe in the face of Decrepify Borrowed Time, which you can simply spread around upcoming fights at your convenience.
- For maximum convenience, you will be using the Frailty curse with the automated radius of Aura of Frailty; its culling effect is a nice bonus, but the real benefit lies in its pulling synergy with the worn (or cubed) Briggs' Wrath.
- Land of the Dead will stay on the hard CC effect of Frozen Lands, ideally overlapping with the strong cooldown reduction-oriented choices in your gearing.
- Bone Armor will be taken with the farming-oriented Harvest of Anguish due to the movement speed buff.
- For maximum mobility, Blood Rush will be taken with the doubled charges of Metabolism.
Some of your progression passives will still make sense during speed farming, i.e. Spreading Malediction (extra damage based on cursed enemies) and Blood is Power (extra CDR) are still quite valuable. We also recommend adding Final Service for the cheat death, as it will prevent the occasional mishap and death-related slowdown, as well as Fueled by Death to further your mobility during standard rift farming.
Since using Siphon Blood for Mantle of Channeling empowerment is too slow for standard rifts, and getting free Blood Novas from Iron Rose is quite the overkill, both these items can be replaced with whatever shoulder and phylactery rolled best for you. Of course, you can keep your progression items in place; they will not hinder the build in this case.
Since speed is essential in XP runs, you will be wearing Steuart's Greaves over the progression-oriented Ice Climbers, and will be slotting Blood Rush Metabolism in your active skills accordingly (see above).
When it comes to jewelry, our basic recommendation is to keep Krysbin's Sentence for the invaluable damage multiplication bonuses, and add the Act III bounty cache legendary Avarice Band for its tremendous speed farming utility. The combined power of the latter when socketed with a Boon of the Hoarder and paired with Goldwrap will both greatly speed you up and render you near-invulnerable in standard rift farming. The third suggested ring is Briggs' Wrath for the pulling effect on enemies as your curse aura affects them, bringing them right into the devastation of your Corpse Explosions. Distribute these three recommended rings according to your best rolls, wearing your two best and cubing the third.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
You will maintain Bane of the Trapped and Legacy of Dreams as crucial legendary gems for the build, but should replace Bane of the Stricken for Boon of the Hoarder for the Avarice Band- Goldwrap synergy during farming runs.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
For your weapon slot, you should run Messerschmidt's Reaver as your second cooldown reduction powerhouse, paired with your equipped In-geom; both will work exceptionally well with this LotD-dependent build.
During Season 22, you are able to add Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang even during speed farming, and passively enjoy its damage multiplication benefits from your constant, aura-like curse application.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3