HotA Barbarian Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of HotA Barbarian. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The HotA Barbarian can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (conflicting bracers, competing belts), but otherwise handles the task with ease.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Hammer of the Ancients Smash 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 Sprint Marathon 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- For Battle Rage, avoid overkilling on damage by swapping the Bloodshed rune for the extra movement speed of Ferocity.
- If you are clearing Normal Rifts with a group, maintain War Cry on your bar and strongly consider cubing Chilanik's Chain (discussed in the gear section below) for the party-wide movement speed buff. If you are playing solo, you can consider swapping this skill entirely for the short bursts of speed from Sprint Marathon.
- In your passives, you can change the flexible fourth slot from progression staples like Nerves of Steel to the globe-consuming Pound of Flesh to further speed up your clears.
Both the balancing act of the Endless Walk set and the timing nature of Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming.
As mentioned in the Skill section, Chilanik's Chain is a strong addition to a HotA speedfarming build when played in groups, replacing Immortal King's Tribal Binding. The belt's movement speed buff applies to all party members within War Cry's massive radius, and is a welcome addition to any efficient group.
As you grow more comfortable with the build, it is suggested that you transition this regular rift farming variant to include the Sage's set for Death's Breath farming. This will be done by splitting your rings between a Fire damage Stone of Jordan (for the consistent damage increase) and a Ring of Royal Grandeur, which allows you to insert two of the three pieces total of the Sage's Journey set, without breaking the 6-piece Immortal King bonus. You can choose any two pieces between Sage's Purchase, Sage's Apogee, and Sage's Passage, and replace the corresponding IK pieces.
Your jewelry will be best complemented by The Flavor of Time, whose legendary power doubles the duration of Pylon pickups — this generous uptime, coupled with the spike of power they provide results in smoother farming overall.
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights take significantly less time; thus, the value of Bane of the Stricken diminishes and it is best replaced by the overall damage increase and elite protection of Bane of the Powerful.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In speedfarming, a well-progressed character should not need the overkill DPS and damage reduction bonuses of the Mortick's Brace; stay with that item for early progression, but transition as soon as you are comfortable into the speedfarming staple Nemesis Bracers.
- 28 Aug. 2019: Further revised skill and item recommendations.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations were revised for Season 18.
- 13 May 2019: Guide was revised to include recommendations on including the Sage's set.
- 31 Oct. 2017: Changed wording in some place to be in sync with the main build.
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Kanai cube: Reroll legendary that has missing affix
- Support Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Support Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Dentist Build
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon