HotA Barbarian Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of HotA Barbarian. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The HotA Barbarian can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (conflicting bracers, competing belts), but otherwise handles the task with ease.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Hammer of the Ancients Smash 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 War Cry Veteran's Warning 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- For Battle Rage, avoid overkilling on damage by swapping the Bloodshed rune for the extra movement speed of Ferocity.
- If you are clearing Normal Rifts with a group, maintain War Cry on your bar and strongly consider cubing Chilanik's Chain (discussed in the gear section below) for the party-wide movement speed buff. If you are playing solo, you can consider swapping this skill entirely for the short bursts of speed from Sprint Marathon.
- In your passives, you can change the flexible fourth slot from progression staples like Nerves of Steel to the globe-consuming Pound of Flesh to further speed up your clears.
3. Adapting Gear
Both the balancing act of the Endless Walk set and the timing nature of Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming.
For the early parts of character progression on a HotA build, the recommended jewelry split for farming content is Focus and Restraint. These two rings offer an even higher, but strictly damage oriented multiplier as long as you alternate between a resource generating ( Furious Charge) and spending ( Hammer of the Ancients) attacks.
On an optimized endgame character (good gear rolls, mid to high paragons) it will also be possible to go further in utility in the jewelry. This will be done by splitting between a Fire damage Stone of Jordan (for the permanent damage increase) and an Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder).
You can also adapt your weaponry slightly. Since you will be able to one- or two-shot enemies in regular Rifts, you can free up your Cube slot and equip a nicely rolled The Gavel of Judgment. In turn, this allows you to cube an In-geom for buttery smooth Furious Charges even through the most open of Rift layouts.
4. Adapting Gemming
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights take significantly less time; thus, the value of Bane of the Stricken diminishes and it is best replaced by the overall damage increase and elite protection of Bane of the Powerful. If you choose to run an Avarice Band plus Goldwrap setup, you can complete the gold utility triumvirate with Boon of the Hoarder.
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
If you are confident in your Damage during Normal Rift speed farming, you can safely swap Magefist from the Armor slot in the Cube for Chilanik's Chain. This mighty belt boosts the movement speed of the entire group considerably with every activation of War Cry. If you are farming on your own and/or want to synergize with Boon of the Hoarder, cube the Goldwrap instead.
- 31 Oct. 2017: Changed wording in some place to be in sync with the main build.
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Bungie Regains Publishing Rights for Destiny
- 2 Chief Financial Officers Left Activision Blizzard in 2019
- The Darkening of Tristram Anniversary Event Returns!
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #32
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Follower Guide
- HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sentry Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Firebats Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)