Necromancer Corpse Lance Build
Welcome to our build guide for Corpse Lance Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Corpse Lance Necromancer is a powerful elite hunting build, capable of the whole spectrum of content difficulty with minor adjustments and adaptable either to the Pestilence or Trag'Oul sets. This daredevil, burst damage spec is available in s Greater Rift progression (solo and group) and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Corpse Lance Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Corpse Lance Brittle Touch Blood Rush Molting 1 Devour Satiated 2 Decrepify Borrowed Time 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Molting 1 Devour Satiated 2 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
|Corpse Lance Blood Lance Blood Rush No rune chosen 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Decrepify Borrowed Time 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
|Corpse Lance Ricochet Blood Rush Molting 1 Bone Armor Dislocation 2 Devour Cannibalize 3 Bone Spear Blighted Marrow 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Corpse Lance Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Pestilence Mask (or Leoric's Crown in Season 16)
- Shoulders: Pestilence Defense
- Gloves: Pestilence Gloves
- Chest: Pestilence Robe
- Belt: Dayntee's Binding
- Pants: Pestilence Incantations
- Boots: Pestilence Battle Boots
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
- Offhand: Lost Time
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 3: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Reilena's Shadowhook
- Armor Slot: Corpsewhisper Pauldrons
- Jewelry Slot: Krysbin's Sentence
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as the Top Tier solo and group pushing build for its class in the current Season.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (this page): Added the Pestilence group variation, adjusted Passive selection.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Expanded the gearing explanations to clarify proper item rolls.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Spreading Malediction is now a default choice and Decrepify its alternative.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (group progression variant page): Added the group progression variant.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Added a passive alteration for an endgame optimized character.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Reworked the variant to a Pestilence setup.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (gear page): The Pestilence set is now the main setup (and Trag'Oul is a variation).
- 27 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Guide shifted to suggest Pestilence set as the main setup, and Trag'Oul as a variation.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): Guide shifted to suggest Pestilence set as the main setup, and Trag'Oul as a variation.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (trag'oul variant page): Moved Trag'Oul as a progression variant.
- 15 Jul. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Updated the speed farming guide with optimized suggestions.
- 12 Jul. 2017 (this page): Guide updated to reflect the meta shift to Simulacrum.
- 12 Jul. 2017 (gear page): Guide updated to reflect the meta shift to Simulacrum.
- 12 Jul. 2017 (skills page): Guide updated to reflect the meta shift to Simulacrum.
- 07 Jul. 2017 (gear page): Gear recommendations updated.
- 07 Jul. 2017 (skills page): Skill recommendations updated.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)