Corpse Lance Necromancer Trag'Oul Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Trag'Oul variant of Corpse Lance Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
Trag'Oul Blood Lance Variation
The Trag'Oul Blood Lance remains a very viable and capable GR progression build, which focuses on sniping elites rather than relying on the Pestilence full screen, auto-targeting mayhem. This variant's core dynamic comes from the delicate balance of spending life and depleting Corpses to fuel your damage dealer, Corpse Lance Blood Lance, or replenishing life and consuming Corpses through Blood Rush Transfusion and Devour Cannibalize .
|Corpse Lance Blood Lance Blood Rush No rune chosen 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Decrepify Borrowed Time 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
When it comes to Trag'Oul set builds, Blood Rush deserves a special mention. Selection of a particular rune is not necessary; due to the 2-piece bonus, you receive the benefits of the Potency toughness buff, Transfusion healing, Molting Corpse generation, and Metabolism double charge — all the while losing the drawbacks of the skill from the Hemostasis rune. Playing around the Transfusion healing is especially important, since in any decently populated fight it can replenish a decent chunk of what you lost from Blood Lances.
Replacing Draw Life from the Pestilence setup, Spreading Malediction adds an offense angle to the otherwise strictly defensive Decrepify. It offers an additive damage bonus against enemies affected by the curse — a boon that scales excellently with density.
Naturally, this variant replaces the Pestilence set with the 6-piece Trag'Oul set in all the same slots. All stat recommendations and other legendary and set items are completely identical to the Pestilence spec.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Since it deals much better with sustain due to the Blood Rush healing, the Trag'Oul Lancer uses Esoteric Alteration in place of Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard. This gem is an elemental protection powerhouse that provides scaling reduction from the deadliest affixes in the game.
|Torso and Pants|
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Oct. 2017: Moved Trag'Oul as a progression variant.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)