Corpse Lance Necromancer Trag'Oul Variation
Trag'Oul Blood Lance Variation
The Trag'Oul Blood Lance remains a very viable and capable GR progression build, which focuses on sniping elites rather than relying on the Pestilence full screen, auto-targeting mayhem. This variant's core dynamic comes from the delicate balance of spending life and depleting Corpses to fuel your damage dealer, Corpse Lance Blood Lance, or replenishing life and consuming Corpses through Blood Rush Transfusion and Devour Cannibalize .
|Corpse Lance Blood Lance Blood Rush No rune chosen 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Command Skeletons Dark Mending 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
When it comes to Trag'Oul set builds, Blood Rush deserves a special mention. Selection of a particular rune is not necessary; due to the 2-piece bonus, you receive the benefits of the Potency toughness buff, Transfusion healing, Molting Corpse generation, and Metabolism double charge — all the while losing the drawbacks of the skill from the Hemostasis rune. Playing around the Transfusion healing is especially important, since in any decently populated fight it can replenish a decent chunk of what you lost from Blood Lances.
Naturally, this variant replaces the Pestilence set with the 6-piece Trag'Oul set in all the same slots. All stat recommendations and other legendary and set items are completely identical to the Pestilence spec.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
You will maintain the selection from the main Pestilence version of the build: Bane of the Trapped and Zei's Stone of Vengeance for the damage amplification, and Gogok of Swiftness for the CDR and Increased Attack Speed value.
|Torso and Pants|
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
You will keep the setup from the solo progression spec, using Reilena's Shadowhook for Essence-based damage amplification, Corpsewhisper Pauldrons as a Corpse Lance-dedicated legendary, and Ring of Royal Grandeur to tie the bonuses of Trag'Oul and Cpt. Crimson sets together.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during solo GR progression is the Enchantress, due to her cooldown reduction- and increased attack speed bonuses, both of which are helpful to the needs of an attack speed- and CDR-heavy build such as this one.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
Your recommended potion is Bottomless Potion of the Tower, whose Armor-increasing properties complement the naturally high All Resistances stat of Necromancers (due to Intelligence scaling Resistances) for optimal survivability.
- 20 Apr. 2021: Minor fix to the skill and passive selection.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Added follower recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Revision of item, skill, and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Guide was revised with respect to the changes to the Jesseth set in Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Oct. 2017: Moved Trag'Oul as a progression variant.
- Blizzard Files a Trademark Dispute With a Cartoon Dog... Named Diablo
- Wizard Mirror Image Hotfix: April 26th
- Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha Starts Soon
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- All Class Skill Videos for Diablo 2: Resurrected
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha