Corpse Lance Necromancer Group Progression Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Group Progression variant of Corpse Lance Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.9 and Season 21.
Pestilence Corpse Lance Group Variation
In groups, the Pestilence Corpse Lance build assumes the role of an elite hunting, Rift Guardian killing menace. Note that this variation of the build is strictly meant to be played with Support teammates and an accompanying AoE DPS player.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Molting 1 Devour Satiated 2 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
You will still obtain the damage reduction benefits of Dayntee's Binding, but instead of a self-cast Decrepify, you will rely on the curse application of Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe. This alteration will allow you to more easily stack Bane of the Stricken, while simultaneously enjoying the benefits of the base effects of all three curses: Decrepify, Leech and Frailty.
You will also alternate your final passive slot into Eternal Torment, turning your 30 second curses into an indefinite debuff on affected enemies.
Taking the easily stacking Crit Chance of the Brittle Touch rune one step further from the following spec, the group variation eschews all Crit Chance from gear in favor of full investement in Crit Damage, Cooldown Reduction and Increased Attack Speed.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Relying entirely on Support teammates for his health sustain, the group variant of the Pestilence Lancer spec uses Bane of the Stricken in place of Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard. The former is a staple for builds that specialize in taking down the Rift Guardian in groups, which is your exact role in this setup.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Retiring this variation of the build.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 26 Nov. 2017: Added the group progression variant.
- Possible Diablo 3 Season 22 Delay and Diablo 4 Q3 Update
- Diablo Lilith Statue Arrives to Buyers Ahead of October 16
- Remastered Diablo Intro Cinematic
- 10,000+ Stacks of the Seasonal Buff, With No End in Sight! Wudijo Goes Crazy Stackin'
- Double Bounties Buff Only Available to Seasonal Characters
- S21 Rank 1 4-man GR 150 Runs for US, EU and Asia: Sub-4 Minute Achieved!
- The Pacifist Run: Player Finishes Diablo 3 Story Without Doing Anything (No Attacking, Abilities or Followers)
- Diablo PC Review from 1997
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- What is the best class for doing lots of GR (greater rifts)
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Monk Inna's Mantra Set Dungeon
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)