Corpse Lance Necromancer Group Progression Variation
Pestilence Corpse Lance Group Variation
In groups, the Pestilence Corpse Lance build assumes the role of an elite hunting, Rift Guardian killing menace. Note that this variation of the build is strictly meant to be played with Support teammates and an accompanying AoE DPS player.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Command Skeletons Enforcer 1 Devour Satiated 2 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
You will still obtain the damage reduction benefits of Dayntee's Binding, but instead of a self-cast Decrepify, you will rely on the curse application of Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe. This alteration will allow you to more easily stack Bane of the Stricken, while simultaneously enjoying the benefits of the base effects of all three curses: Decrepify, Leech and Frailty.
You will also alternate your final passive slot into Eternal Torment, turning your 30 second curses into an indefinite debuff on affected enemies.
Taking the easily stacking Crit Chance of the Brittle Touch rune one step further from the following spec, the group variation eschews all Crit Chance from gear in favor of full investement in Crit Damage, Cooldown Reduction and Increased Attack Speed.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Relying entirely on Support teammates for his health sustain, the group variant of the Pestilence Lancer spec uses Bane of the Stricken in place of Gogok of Swiftness. The former is a staple for builds that specialize in taking down the Rift Guardian in groups, which is your exact role in this setup.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
You will keep the setup from the solo progression spec, using Reilena's Shadowhook for Essence-based damage amplification, Corpsewhisper Pauldrons as a Corpse Lance-dedicated legendary, and Ring of Royal Grandeur to tie the bonuses of Pestilence and Cpt. Crimson sets together.
Your recommended potion is Bottomless Potion of the Tower, whose Armor-increasing properties complement the naturally high All Resistances stat of Necromancers (due to Intelligence scaling Resistances) for optimal survivability.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Added potion recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Revision of item, skill, and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Retiring this variation of the build.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 26 Nov. 2017: Added the group progression variant.
- Blizzard Files a Trademark Dispute With a Cartoon Dog... Named Diablo
- Wizard Mirror Image Hotfix: April 26th
- Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha Starts Soon
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- All Class Skill Videos for Diablo 2: Resurrected
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha