Corpse Lance Necromancer Group Progression Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Group Progression variant of Corpse Lance Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
Pestilence Corpse Lance Group Variation
In groups, the Pestilence Corpse Lance build assumes the role of an elite hunting, Rift Guardian killing menace. Note that this variation of the build is strictly meant to be played with Support teammates and an accompanying AoE DPS player.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Molting 1 Devour Satiated 2 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 3 Simulacrum Reservoir 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
You will still obtain the damage reduction benefits of Dayntee's Binding, but instead of a self-cast Decrepify, you will rely on the curse application of Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe. This alteration will allow you to more easily stack Bane of the Stricken, while simultaneously enjoying the benefits of the base effects of all three curses: Decrepify, Leech and Frailty.
You will also alternate your final passive slot into Eternal Torment, turning your 30 second curses into an indefinite debuff on affected enemies.
Taking the easily stacking Crit Chance of the Brittle Touch rune one step further from the following spec, the group variation eschews all Crit Chance from gear in favor of full investement in Crit Damage, Cooldown Reduction and Increased Attack Speed.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Relying entirely on Support teammates for his health sustain, the group variant of the Pestilence Lancer spec uses Bane of the Stricken in place of Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard. The former is a staple for builds that specialize in taking down the Rift Guardian in groups, which is your exact role in this setup.
|Torso and Pants||
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 26 Nov. 2017: Added the group progression variant.
- 25 Years of Warcraft Anniversary Video 8K Upscale
- The Blizzard April Fools Archive and Highlights
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Challenge Rift 145 Guides
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Frozen Orb Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Goblin Farming Guide
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor