Seismic Slam Barbarian Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Seismic Slam Barbarian. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Seismic Slam Barbarian can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (conflicting bracers, competing belts), but otherwise handles the task with ease.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Seismic Slam Permafrost Leap Death from Above 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 War Cry Impunity 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Ancients' Fury|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Exchanging the damage-oriented Bloodshed rune of Battle Rage, which is better suited to the damage demands of GR pushing, to the speed buff of the Ferocity rune.
- Optionally replacing the redundant toughness of War Cry Impunity with the active bursts of movement coming from Sprint Marathon.
- In your passives, you can optionally replace Nerves of Steel with the globe-fueled movement speed bonuses of Pound of Flesh.
Both the balancing act of the Endless Walk set and the conditional toughness bonus of Band of Might greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. That progresion-oriented jewelry will be better replaced by a split between a Cold damage Stone of Jordan (for the permanent damage increase) and an Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder).
Regardless of your chosen rings, they will be best complemented by The Flavor of Time, which doubles the duration of Pylons that you find during rifting.
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights take significantly less time; thus, the value of Bane of the Stricken diminishes and it is best replaced by the overall damage increase and elite protection of Bane of the Powerful. If you choose to run an Avarice Band plus Goldwrap setup, you can complete the gold utility triumvirate with Boon of the Hoarder.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
When you are farming on your own and/or want to synergize with Boon of the Hoarder, cube Goldwrap in your armor slot. If you choose to stay away from the gold synergy setup and stay with Band of Might equipped, you can also retain War Cry on your bar (instead of Sprint) and cube Chilanik's Chain in your armor slot. This mighty belt boosts the movement speed of the entire group considerably with every activation of the shout.
- 28 Aug. 2019: Fixed diablo3.com build link.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Item and skill recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- 13 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 28 Feb. 2018: Added the guide.
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Kanai cube: Reroll legendary that has missing affix
- Support Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Support Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Dentist Build
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon