Embodiment of the Marauder Set
Welcome to our Embodiment of the Marauder guide, where we tell you all about this Demon Hunter set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Embodiment of the Marauder Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Embodiment of the Marauder set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Marauder's Visage — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Socket, Crit Chance, Skill Damage
- Shoulders: Marauder's Spines — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Cooldown Reduction, Resource Cost Reduction, Area Damage
- Gloves: Marauder's Gloves — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Marauder's Carapace — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Vitality, 3 Sockets, Elite Damage Reduction
- Pants: Marauder's Encasement — Desirable stats: Dexterity, 2 Sockets, Vitality, All Resistance
- Boots: Marauder's Treads — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Skill Damage, Vitality, All Resistance
How to Farm Embodiment of the Marauder Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Embodiment of the Marauder pieces.
How to Use the Embodiment of the Marauder Set
Embodiment of the Marauder is a Companion- and Sentry-centric set, which arguably provides the most survivability and utility of any Demon Hunter set right out of the gate. It is also quite versatile in its 6-piece bonus, and while it lists a specific set of skills (primaries, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions and Sentry), this pretty much encompasses the entire DH arsenal outside of channeling skills. Marauder is the closest Demon Hunter has to a summoner playstyle, as it needs to put down the Sentry turrets along its path and constantly re-summon them, as they are static once placed; while this might seem annoying when on the move, it has the counter-benefit of slowing enemies down as they try to chase you (especially due to the most popular rune, Polar Station).
- 2-piece bonus
- Companion calls all companions to your side.
- 4-piece bonus
- Sentries deal 400% increased damage and cast Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow when you do.
- 6-piece bonus
- Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, and Vengeance deal 12,000% increased damage for every active Sentry.
The 2-piece set bonus calls all Companions to your side, providing you with the passive and active benefits of Spider Companion (slows enemies), Bat Companion (Hatred regeneration), Boar Companion (taunts enemies and protects you), Ferret Companion (speeds you up) and Wolf Companion (howls for a damage buff).
The 4-piece set bonus is one of the more interesting bonuses, as it forces Sentry summons to use your equipped spender when you do. This allows for the signature 'siege' gameplay of the set, where you spread turrets around the battlefield and make them focus down a specific target or chokepoint from a safe distance.
The 6-piece set bonus offers a generic damage boost to the skills listed above, oferring you considerable freedom with the damaging skill you base your build around.
Builds Using the Embodiment of the Marauder Set
- Marauder Cluster Arrow Demon Hunter Build
- Multishot Marauder Demon Hunter Build
- Natalya Marauder Sentry Demon Hunter Build
- Shadow/Marauder FoK Demon Hunter Build
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 3 Summer Sale: Up to 50% Off!
- Community Perception of the Season 21 Buff
- Season 21 Buff Not Active on Consoles
- All Diablo 3 Season 21 Class Guides (Patch 2.6.9)
- Barbarian, Crusader and Demon Hunter Season 21 Guides Are Live
- Necromancer Simulacrum Hotfix: Patch 2.6.9a
- The Rat Is Dead: Long Live the Demon Hunter Speed Meta
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 21? Solo, Group and Speedfarm Rankings
- Generator Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter Hungering Arrow with GoD
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Barbarian Leveling and Fresh 70
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Demon Hunter Marauder Support with GoD