Wizard Vyr's Amazing Arcana Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7 / Season 23)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Wizards who have access to the Vyr's Amazing Arcana set.
This guide is part of our Wizard Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Teleport Wormhole 1 Archon No rune chosen 2 Magic Weapon Force Weapon 3 Energy Armor Force Armor 4 Slow Time Stretch Time|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
On the surface, the Vyr starter build shares many skills with the leveling and fresh 70 build, but keep in mind the alternate form and namesake of the build — Archon. You will be striving to maximize its uptime and damage potential through various gear and skill choices. To summarize the Archon form playstyle, alternate between Arcane Strike versus melee and Disintegration Wave versus ranged, but favor ranged engagements due to your dependence on the Manald Heal interaction with the Archon channeled beam for damage. Abuse your free Teleport to reposition or find new engagements.
In your normal Wizard form, you will be replacing the leveling Disintegrate for Arcane Torrent Static Discharge spamming, since the latter will reset your Archon via its interaction with a cubed Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac — a vital legendary for the build. You will reposition with Teleport, using Wormhole when you overpower the difficulty or Safe Passage when lacking Toughness. You can keep damage buffing skills like Magic Weapon Force Weapon, Familiar Sparkflint and Storm Armor Scramble from the fresh 70 build, but remember to swap them out for Magic Weapon Deflection, Slow Time Stretch Time and Energy Armor Force Armor respectively if you push into GRs. Passives will differ somewhat from the leveling build — you will keep the immense utility of Illusionist and the ranged damage buff of Power Hungry, but you will also emphasize on your cooldown needs with Evocation and lean into your Manald Heal procs with Paralysis.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Vyr Archon Build — Chantodo's Will and Starfire (wands); Chantodo's Force (source); Fazula's Improbable Chain (belt); The Swami (wizard hat); Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, Manald Heal and The Compass Rose (rings); The Traveler's Pledge (amulet); Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer and Nemesis Bracers (bracers); In-geom (1h sword).
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha
- Korean Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha to Be Extended, Possibly in the West as Well?
- Diablo 2: Resurrected in Ultrawide 32:9, 5120x1440
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Diablo II Resurrected Technical Alpha Starting April 8th
- Signs of the Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha: Korean Test Announced
- Razor Strop Fix for Game Freezes and Connection issues