Gears of Dreadlands Set
Welcome to our Gears of Dreadlands guide, where we tell you all about this Demon Hunter set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of the Gears of Dreadlands Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Gears of Dreadlands set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Dystopian Goggles — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Mechanical Pauldrons — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Area Damage, Cooldown Reduction, All Resistance
- Gloves: Gas Powered Automail Forearm — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Galvanized Vest — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Vitality, 3 Sockets, All Resistance
- Pants: Cold Cathode Trousers — Desirable stats: Dexterity, 2 Sockets, Skill Damage, Vitality
- Boots: Antique Vintage Boots — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Vitality, All Resistance, Armor
How to Farm the Gears of Dreadlands Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting the Gears of Dreadlands pieces.
How to Use the Gears of Dreadlands Set
The Gears of Dreadlands set is dedicated entirely to the interaction between Strafe and Primary skills from the 4-piece bonus. When considering this set, take into account the full 6-piece investment for soloing and DPS purposes, as well as the option to go as a support DH with the lower, 4-piece bonus requirement.
- 2-piece bonus
- Gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, at a maximum duration of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% increased damage per second of Momentum.
- 4-piece bonus
- Strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you gain 8% increased movement speed for each second of Momentum.
- 6-piece bonus
- Your primary skills deal 10,000% increased damage.
The 2-piece bonus of the Gears of Dreadlands set gives you a 4 second buff called 'Momentum' as you attack with Primary skills, that stacks up to a maximum duration of 20 seconds; in practice, the equivalent of 5 Primary skill attacks. You will need to learn to stack and constantly keep up this buff as close to its maximum value as possible, as it also scales the damage of your Primary skills — your main source of DPS. Note that Momentum stacks also scale your movement speed via the 4-piece bonus, greatly boosting the mobility of GoD-based builds.
The 4-piece bonus of the Gears of Dreadlands set makes it so your last used (in the sense of "manually shot at least once prior to channeling") primary skill will be shot automatically from your Strafe channeling. Note that the Primary skills shot from the set bonus function quite similarly to regular, manual shots and will trigger bonuses like Area Damage and Simplicity's Strength. Note that because the rate at which you proc the Primary attacks from the 4-piece bonus is fixed — once per 10 frames, or 6 times/second with the way Diablo 3 is built — in all realistic gearing scenarios Attack Speed is not a desirable stat and can be dropped for more synergistic stats.
The 6-piece bonus of the Gears of Dreadlands set is a straightforward damage boost to your Primary skills.
Builds using the Gears of Dreadlands set
- 30 Jun. 2020: Page added.
- Diablo 4 Beta Client Now Available for Download
- The Forgotten Nightmares Diablo Immortal Update
- Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta Draws Near
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Diablo Immortal Content Update: Season 4 Battle Pass, New Raid Bosses and Events
- Best Guides for Diablo 3 Season 27
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.4 Now Live
- Will Diablo 4 Pre-Orders & Release Date Be Announced at The Game Awards on December 8th?