PoJ Tempest Rush Monk Speed Farming Variation
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk can deal quite well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. We have solo speed GR rankings and solo speed T16 rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Tempest Rush Electric Field Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 1 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 2 Sweeping Wind No rune chosen 3 Breath of Heaven Zephyr 4 Epiphany Ascendance|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
In the speed farming Tempest Rush build, you will be applying the necessary CC for Cesar's Memento through the Ascendance rune of Epiphany, which pairs nicely with this movement-heavy build. This allows you to drop Blinding Flash from the progression version of the build, and use the mobility staple Dashing Strike. The build remains largely the same, but you will no longer have to keep track of stacks, since you replace the Flurry rune with the fire-and-forget of Electric Field, which allows you to focus on re-applying self-buffs like Mantra of Conviction Annihilation, Breath of Heaven Zephyr and Epiphany Ascendance.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Changing the Tempest Rush rune from the stacking mechanics of Flurry (too slow for the purposes of speedfarm) for the increased AoE of the Electric Field rune.
- Replacing Blinding Flash for the Monk's teleportation skill, Dashing Strike. Coupled with the speed buffing Way of the Falling Star rune, this ability is an indispensable tool for overall mobility.
- The lost hard CC from Blinding Flash (necessary to trigger Cesar's Memento) is made up for by taking the Ascendance rune of Epiphany, which is easily triggered with the constant movement of the build.
- Replacing the unnecessarily defensive Mantra of Salvation with the extra movespeed of Mantra of Conviction Annihilation.
- Swapping out the timing-sensitive protection of Serenity for the movement speed buff of Breath of Heaven Zephyr.
- In your passives, you can replace defensive choices like Harmony and The Guardian's Path with the fail-safe Near Death Experience and the extra movement speed form Fleet Footed.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Patterns of Justice, incorporating the same split as you would in progression with 5 PoJ pieces and 2 Cpt. Crimson pieces, plus a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube to complete their bonuses.
The timed damage increase of Convention of Elements greatly diminishes in usefulness during Normal Rift farming, and is best replaced either by a:
- 1) Rechel's Ring of Larceny for the Fear-induced movement speed proc (you have to wear and not cube the ring, since you have no Fear-based skills and it has a guaranteed secondary Fear % roll);
- 2) or simply a Lightning damage Stone of Jordan for a constant Elite and Elemental damage boost.
Note that Rechel's/SoJ are recommended for solo farming, since your Follower can wear Avarice Band and "Emanate" its valuable pickup radius effect to you as if you wore it yourself. When group farming, equip the Avarice yourself in Rechel's/SoJ's place. Your other ring should be Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac for the Cooldown Reduction, and your amulet should be either Squirt's Necklace (solo), or The Flavor of Time (groups).
A trio of Tempest Rush-oriented legendary items will remain in their place, as they are too valuable to pass up even during farming: Vengeful Wind for the movement speed increase via the PoJ 2-piece bonus, Won Khim Lau for the damage multiplication and Cyclone Strike convenience, and Cesar's Memento for the substantial damage buff against crowd controlled enemies.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In normal rifts, the third gem slot should be taken by Boon of the Hoarder. This high utility gem feeds you practically infinite gold and gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, automated by a worn Avarice Band. It will also render you practically invulnerable through a worn Goldwrap.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
You will maintain Balance in the weapon slot of the Cube for its valuable damage multiplication bonuses.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Sunwuko and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot. Note that if you opt for a Sage-less variant of the farming build, you can slot either Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac or Avarice Band here.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during standard rift farming for keys is the Enchantress due to her numerous utility bonuses, allowing you to smooth out your speed runs even further.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
- 14 Apr. 2022: Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 08 Dec. 2021: Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 21 Jul. 2021: Added Ethereal weapon recommendation for Season 24.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Minor gear adjustments and added follower recommendation.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Added the guide.
- Diablo Immortal Reaches Over 10 Million Downloads
- Diablo Immortal Hotfixes: June 6th
- Diablo Immortal Known Issues, Hotfixes, and Patch Notes for PC Open Beta
- Don't Forget to Turn on Auto Loot in Diablo: Immortal
- Diablo Immortal Blizzard Store Update and Health Potion Collector's Box
- New Diablo Immortal Wings and Pet in Diablo 3
- Diablo Immortal Guides and News Section Launch
- Diablo: Immortal Launch Guide: Global Release Times, PC Pre-Download and More