PoJ Tempest Rush Monk Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of PoJ Tempest Rush Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk can deal quite well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Tempest Rush Electric Field Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 1 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 2 Sweeping Wind No rune chosen 3 Breath of Heaven Zephyr 4 Epiphany Ascendance|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
In the speed farming Tempest Rush build, you will be applying the necessary CC for Cesar's Memento through the Ascendance rune of Epiphany, which pairs nicely with this movement-heavy build. This allows you to drop Blinding Flash from the progression version of the build, and use the mobility staple Dashing Strike. The build remains largely the same, but you will no longer have to keep track of stacks, since you replace the Flurry rune with the fire-and-forget of Electric Field, which allows you to focus on re-applying self-buffs like Mantra of Conviction Annihilation, Breath of Heaven Zephyr and Epiphany Ascendance.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Changing the Tempest Rush rune from the stacking mechanics of Flurry (too slow for the purposes of speedfarm) for the increased AoE of the Electric Field rune.
- Replacing Blinding Flash for the Monk's teleportation skill, Dashing Strike. Coupled with the speed buffing Way of the Falling Star rune, this ability is an indispensable tool for overall mobility.
- The lost hard CC from Blinding Flash (necessary to trigger Cesar's Memento) is made up for by taking the Ascendance rune of Epiphany, which is easily triggered with the constant movement of the build.
- Replacing the unnecessarily defensive Mantra of Salvation with the extra movespeed of Mantra of Conviction Annihilation.
- Swapping out the timing-sensitive protection of Serenity for the movement speed buff of Breath of Heaven Zephyr.
- In your passives, you can replace defensive choices like Harmony and The Guardian's Path with the fail-safe Near Death Experience and the extra movement speed form Fleet Footed.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Patterns of Justice, incorporating the same split as you would in progression — but instead of the Cpt. Crimson set, you will be including the Sage's Journey set for Death's Breath farming. Take Sage's Ribbon and Sage's Passage, and then complete both the PoJ and Sage set bonuses with a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube.
The timed damage increase of Convention of Elements greatly diminishes in usefulness during Normal Rift farming, and is best replaced by an Avarice Band for its synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder.
The trio of Tempest Rush-oriented legendary items will remain in their place, as they are too valuable to pass up even during farming: Vengeful Wind for the movement speed increase via the PoJ 2-piece bonus, Won Khim Lau for the damage multiplication and Cyclone Strike convenience, and Cesar's Memento for the substantial damage buffs.
Note that you can viably alternate this setup to drop the Sage's set if you feel that you have enough Death's Breaths farmed up. Simply equip the entire Patterns of Justice set, drop the Ring of Royal Grandeur from the setup and wear a Rechel's Ring of Larceny for the Fear-induced movement speed proc (you have to wear and not cube the ring, since you have no Fear-based skills and it has a guaranteed secondary Fear % roll). A non-Sage setup also allows you to wear the Goldwrap and slot Nemesis Bracers (either in Cube or worn, exchanging places with Cesar's Memento).
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In normal rifts, the third gem slot should be taken by Boon of the Hoarder. This high utility gem feeds you practically infinite gold and gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, automated by a worn Avarice Band. It will also render you practically invulnerable through a worn Goldwrap.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
You will maintain Balance in the weapon slot of the Cube for its valuable damage multiplication bonuses.
Our default recommendation for the armor Cube slot is Goldwrap, since its synergy with Boon of the Hoarder and Avarice Band will render you practically invincible during regular Rifts. Note that if you opt for a Sage-less variant of the farming build, you can slot Nemesis Bracers here.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Sunwuko and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot. Note that if you opt for a Sage-less variant of the farming build, you can slot either Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac or Avarice Band here.
In your 4th Kanai's Cube slot in Season 22, place the Nemesis Bracers that you are traditionally denied from Cesar's Memento. The additional elite spawns from the bracers will shorten farming runs nicely.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Added the guide.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon