Witch Doctor Jade Harvester Build With Soul Harvest
Welcome to our build guide for Jade Harvester Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Patch 2.4 marked the return of Raiment of the Jade Harvester as one of the top tier Witch Doctor playstyles. This bursty, melee range spellcaster playstyle is available in both solo progression and speedfarming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Jade Harvester Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Locust Swarm Pestilence Haunt Resentful Spirits 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Jaunt 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Horrify Frightening Aspect|
|Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts Haunt Resentful Spirits 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Horrify Stalker|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Jade Harvester Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Jade Harvester's Wisdom (or Quetzalcoatl in Season 16)
- Shoulders: Jade Harvester's Joy
- Gloves: Jade Harvester's Mercy
- Chest: Jade Harvester's Peace
- Belt: Haunting Girdle
- Pants: Jade Harvester's Courage
- Boots: Jade Harvester's Swiftness
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Ring of Emptiness
- Weapon: Sacred Harvester
- Offhand: Henri's Perquisition
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Esoteric Alteration
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: The Furnace
- Armor Slot: Quetzalcoatl (or Strongarm Bracers in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Convention of Elements
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)