Witch Doctor Raiment of the Jade Harvester Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.6.8 / Season 20)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Witch Doctors who have access to the Raiment of the Jade Harvester set.
This guide is part of our Witch Doctor Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Haunt Resentful Spirits Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Horrify Stalker|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Jade Harvester starting build uses much of the leveling and fresh 70 build, but makes minor adjustments to take advantage of the unique, DoT-reliant nature of the set. The recommended changes are:
- While Acid Cloud is a respectable nuke, it is not a damage over time effect, and such are required for the Jade set to thrive. Locust Swarm should replace it as one of the two major DoTs that Soul Harvest will consume with the power of the Jade 6 piece set bonus.
- Soul Harvest is a centerpiece of the Jade Harvester playstyle and turns from a utility skill into a nuke with the 6 piece set bonus. Note that the leveling rune Vengeful Spirit should be changed to elementally match your Haunt rune; since Resentful Spirits is the most cost efficient rune for starting characters, the recommended rune is the cold Languish.
- Continuing the transition from a pet-centric build into a DoT-nuke playstyle, Summon Zombie Dogs will be replaced by Piranhas Piranhado. While it does add a minor DoT of its own, Piranhado is primarily taken to group up monsters and prepare them for a Soul Harvest consumption.
- To finalize the transition away from pets, replace Gargantuan with the Jade set staple Horrify. You can choose between the speed-oriented Stalker or the toughness champion Frightening Aspect according to your needs.
- Passives: Pet related passives like Fetish Sycophants and Fierce Loyalty should give way to Creeping Death and Confidence Ritual, both of which complement the Jade playstyle perfectly.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Jade Harvester Build — Sacred Harvester (Ceremonial Knife); In-geom (1h sword); Henri's Perquisition and Vile Hive (Mojos); Lakumba's Ornament and Nemesis Bracers (bracers); Haunting Girdle (belt); Ring of Emptiness and The Compass Rose (rings); The Traveler's Pledge (amulet).
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon