Witch Doctor Raiment of the Jade Harvester Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7 / Season 23)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Witch Doctors who have access to the Raiment of the Jade Harvester set.
This guide is part of our Witch Doctor Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Haunt Resentful Spirits Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Horrify Stalker|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Jade Harvester starting build uses much of the leveling and fresh 70 build, but makes minor adjustments to take advantage of the unique, DoT-reliant nature of the set. The recommended changes are:
- While Acid Cloud is a respectable nuke, it is not a damage over time effect, and such are required for the Jade set to thrive. Locust Swarm should replace it as one of the two major DoTs that Soul Harvest will consume with the power of the Jade 6 piece set bonus.
- Soul Harvest is a centerpiece of the Jade Harvester playstyle and turns from a utility skill into a nuke with the 6 piece set bonus. Note that the leveling rune Vengeful Spirit should be changed to elementally match your Haunt rune; since Resentful Spirits is the most cost efficient rune for starting characters, the recommended rune is the cold Languish.
- Continuing the transition from a pet-centric build into a DoT-nuke playstyle, Summon Zombie Dogs will be replaced by Piranhas Piranhado. While it does add a minor DoT of its own, Piranhado is primarily taken to group up monsters and prepare them for a Soul Harvest consumption.
- To finalize the transition away from pets, replace Gargantuan with the Jade set staple Horrify. You can choose between the speed-oriented Stalker or the toughness champion Frightening Aspect according to your needs.
- Passives: Pet related passives like Fetish Sycophants and Fierce Loyalty should give way to Creeping Death and Confidence Ritual, both of which complement the Jade playstyle perfectly.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Jade Harvester Build — Sacred Harvester (Ceremonial Knife); In-geom (1h sword); Henri's Perquisition and Vile Hive (Mojos); Lakumba's Ornament and Nemesis Bracers (bracers); Haunting Girdle (belt); Ring of Emptiness and The Compass Rose (rings); The Traveler's Pledge (amulet).
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- All Class Skill Videos for Diablo 2: Resurrected
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha
- Korean Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha to Be Extended, Possibly in the West as Well?
- Diablo 2: Resurrected in Ultrawide 32:9, 5120x1440
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Diablo II Resurrected Technical Alpha Starting April 8th