Witch Doctor Zunimassa's Haunt Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.6.8 / Season 20)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Witch Doctors who have access to the Zunimassa's Haunt set.
This guide is part of our Witch Doctor Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Haunt Consuming Spirit Piranhas Piranhado 1 Gargantuan Humongoid 2 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 3 Spirit Walk Severance 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Zunimassa starting build is roughly similar to the leveling and Fresh 70 build, but takes into account the Fetish Army-centric nature of the set and leans heavily into the pet strengths of the set bonuses. You will be replacing Summon Zombie Dogs from the leveling spec with Fetish Army Legion of Daggers as early as the 2-piece bonus; this will provide a significantly larger menagerie at your side, and one that is able to dish out more damage overall. With this extra DPS added to the build — and because you will not be needing to keep up massacre DoT streaks from your leveling strats — you will drop Acid Cloud for the grouping tool Piranhas Piranhado. The earlier you learn how to work the only mass displacement in your arsenal, the better — most endgame builds incorporate that skill.
The remaining active skill changes mostly revolve around rune swaps, and you can retain the skills you used from leveling. If survival becomes problematic as you push your early game gear to its limits, you should swap the Haunt rune from Resentful Spirits to Consuming Spirit. In theory, any resource-efficient will fulfill the requirement of the Zunimassa 6-piece, so if you stumble upon Mantle of Channeling, you can also try Firebats Vampire Bats. Soul Harvest can vary between the extra survivability of Languish and the bonus movement speed from Soul to Waste, depending on your needs.
Spirit Walk Severance stays as a solid movement tool. Gargantuan will also remain in the build and will benefit from the Zunimassa bonuses, providing the bulk of your damage. This makes finding or gambling The Short Man's Finger a big priority in the early game.
In the passives, you can stay on Fetish Sycophants for a while, but exchange it for Confidence Ritual as soon as you find a Belt of Transcendence — a common legendary that basically provides a superior, guaranteed proc version of the Fetish passive. You can also stay on Fierce Loyalty for as long as you feel comfortable, but it is likely you will need the extra damage from Midnight Feast until you optimize gear. Spirit Vessel and Grave Injustice are staples in your passive selection, and should not be swapped out.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to. Note that while the link will take you to a Helltooth set build, it will also work with the Zunimassa's set, albeit with a lower Greater Rift potential.
- Gargantuan Build — Sacred Harvester and Manajuma's Carving Knife (Ceremonial Knives); Wormwood (staff); Ring of Emptiness, The Short Man's Finger and The Compass Rose (rings); The Traveler's Pledge (amulet); Mask of Jeram (Voodoo Mask); Henri's Perquisition, Manajuma's Gory Fetch and Homunculus (Mojos); The Witching Hour and Goldwrap (belts); Lakumba's Ornament and Nemesis Bracers (bracers).
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3