Medivh Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Medivh. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Medivh's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Medivh's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Medivh efficiently.
Medivh's Tips and Tricks
- Raven Form is a formidable scouting tool that can allow your team to intercept enemy Heroes.
- Portal can be used aggressively to chase down enemy Heroes and initate team fights from an unexpected angle. It can also be used defensively to help allied Heroes escape.
- Ley Line Seal can be the ideal foundation for other AoE abilities to follow up on. It can also be used to steal Mercenary or Boss Camps if all enemy Heroes are trapped inside.
- Poly Bomb can be a great tool to punish aggressive enemy Assassins, such as Tracer or Genji.
- Mana: 50
- Cooldown: 7 seconds
Launch a rift that deals 170 (+4% per level) damage to enemies in its path. If an enemy Hero is hit, reduce its cooldown by 5 seconds and refund 50 Mana.
Quest: Hit 40 enemy Heroes with Arcane Rift without dying.
Reward: Permanently increase the damage dealt by 75 and cooldown reduction for hitting a Hero by 1 second.
Being Medivh's only damage source, Arcane Rift becomes a crucial ability to clear Minion waves and to damage enemy Heroes. Keep in mind that Arcane Rift should usually be aimed in a way that it hits at least one enemy Hero in order to keep its cooldown as low as possible. As with other ranged Heroes, we suggest keeping a safe distance to enemy Tanks and melee Assassins when playing as Medivh, which is why Arcane Rift should only be cast if it is safe to do so.
Force of Will
- Mana: 60
- Cooldown: 9 seconds
Protect an allied Hero from all damage for 1.5 seconds. Upon expiration, Force of Will heals the target for 20% of the damage it absorbed.
Force of Will proves to be an incredibly powerful single-target protection ability, which gets most value if used on aggressive (melee) Assassins and Tanks, such as Illidan, Sonya, or Tracer. During team fights it should be cast as frequently as possible in order to keep frontliners and other important target in good shape.
- Cooldown: 16 seconds
Create a set of portals between Medivh and the target location, allowing allies to teleport between both. The portals last 6 seconds.
There is hardly any ability that can be used as flexibly as Portal. One the one hand, it provides your teammates with a fantastic way to escape chasing enemies. On the other hand, it can be used to allow your allies to hunt down retreating enemies more efficiently. If combined with Medivh's Raven Form, Portal can make for powerful and surprising combinations. Simply fly close to an enemy target and immediately follow up by casting Portal towards the direction of your nearby allies. This causes them to immediately appear next to you and your chosen enemy target.
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 40 seconds
Polymorph an enemy Hero for 2 seconds, Silencing them and making them unable to attack. On expiration, Poly Bomb spreads to other nearby enemy Heroes.
Poly Bomb truly shines if cast on an enemy melee Hero that is currently surrounded by other melee Heroes. Furthermore, keep an eye out for targets that are currently impaired by movement speed slowing effects, Stuns, Roots, and Silences, as they struggle running away from their teammates in time. This ultimately results in Polybomb spreading multiple times, which can single-handedly decide the outcome of a team fight.
Ley Line Seal
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
After 0.5 seconds, unleash a wave of energy that places enemy Heroes in Time Stop for 3 seconds.
Ley Line Seal is a high risk high reward Heroic Ability. It can be used in a variety of ways, however, the most common goal when casting Ley Line Seal is to trap enemy Heroes for your allies to follow up on. Sometimes, Ley Line Seal can be used to keep enemy Heroes at bay, allowing allied Heroes to escape to safety. Since this ability puts targets into Stasis, it is possible to steal Mercenary or Boss Camps if every enemy Hero on the capture platform is trapped.
Instead of mounting, Medivh can transform into a raven, increasing Movement Speed by 20%. While transformed, Medivh can see and fly over all terrain and is immune to all effects.
We recommend using Raven Form as often as possible to scout important locations, such as Map Objectives or Mercenary Camps. Vision-obscured terrain (e.g. Bushes, Steam, etc.) that might serve as an enemy ambush spot should be carefully examined while in Raven Form to prevent your allies from walking into a trap.
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- Masters Clash Championship Schedule: May 1-2
- Masters Clash Championship Schedule: April 24-25
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 17-18
- Masters Clash Championship Schedule: April 17-18
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Heroes of the Storm Malthael
- Returning to Heroes of the Storm as a healer and finding peace
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- How do I get out of Bronze/Silver?
- Heroes of the Storm Tyrael
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Malfurion
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad