Lt. Morales Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Lt. Morales. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Lt. Morales' kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Lt. Morales' other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Lt. Morales efficiently.
Lt. Morales' Tips and Tricks
- Healing Beam still heals Lt. Morales even if the healed target is currently at full health.
- When healing a frontliner, notably Tanks and Bruisers, try to synchronise your movement with theirs to avoid getting in front of them. This prevents you from exposing yourself to the enemy team.
- Medivac Dropship can be a great Heroic Ability if you play Storm League as a premade team, however, it can perform rather poorly if you play solo due to communication problems with other players.
- Make sure to use Stim Drone on Assassins like Illidan, Raynor, or Valla, since Heroes who rely on their Basic Attacks benefit most of it.
- If the enemy team has several Tanks and Bruisers who can threaten you, casting Medivac Dropship and navigating it to a nearby location while they are attacking you can save your life.
Heal target allied Hero or Minion for 172 (+4% per level) Health per second as long as they are in range. After not channeling Healing Beam for 2 seconds, regenerate 6 Energy per second.
Reactivate to switch targets, or self-cast to cancel channeling.
Healing Beam is Lt. Morales' only healing ability and affects one allied unit at a time. There are two major factors which greatly influence the efficiency of Healing Beam. Firstly, it is of utmost importance to know which ally to heal and when to heal them. Thus, keeping an eye on both your frontline and backline is imperative when playing Lt. Morales. The fact that Healing Beam has no cooldown allows you to quickly rotate between multiple targets and will help you in that regard.
Secondly, Healing Beam consumes a significant amount of Energy if channeled for an extensive amount of time, which is why tracking Lt. Morales' Energy bar is crucial.
- Cooldown: 11 seconds
Grant target ally Hero 30 Armor for 3 seconds.
Safeguard is an ability whose importance is often overlooked. However, its relatively low cooldown and strong single-target protection can make the difference between successfully saving an ally or seeing them die before you. To use Safeguard with maximum efficiency, timing is of the essence.
As a rule of thumb it is better to use Safeguard the moment an allied Tank or Bruiser initiates a team fight. Doing so usually allows you to use another instance of Safeguard within the same team fight and also allows your chosen target to engage more confidently. Safeguard is also a very important ability to use on Lt. Morales herself, as she lacks any form of innate escape or self-healing mechanisms.
- Cooldown: 12 seconds
Fire a grenade that can be manually detonated, dealing 208 (+4% per level) to nearby enemies and knocking them away.
Displacement Grenade is Lt. Morales' only source of crowd control. Consequently, we generally recommend using Displacement Grenade as a defensive ability, meaning you should try to knock engaging enemies away from you or a threatened ally.
If used offensively, Displacement Grenade can actually help a retreating enemy to escape if it hits them directly. To avoid this from happening, try to aim Displacement Grenade in a way that the center of its explosion does not directly hit your target.
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
Grant an allied Hero 75% Attack Speed and 25% Movement Speed for 10 seconds.
Stim Drone is a powerful buff, which greatly increases the mobility and damage output of a single allied Hero. One important thing to remember when using Stim Drone is the fact that it has a short channeling animation. If Lt. Morales gets interrupted while channeling, Stim Drone is put on a 10-second cooldown, so make sure to keep a safe distance from enemy crowd control abilities.
It is worth mentioning that Assassins who deal most of their damage through Basic Attacks are always priority targets for Stim Drone. Also keep in mind that Lt. Morales cannot use Stim Drone on herself.
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Target a location for a Medivac transport. For up to 10 seconds before takeoff, allies can right-click to enter the Medivac.
Medivac Dropship turns out to be an oftentimes underrated Heroic Ability. On larger maps, in particular, the global mobility it provides Lt. Morales and her teammates with, can secure multiple Map Objectives in quick succession. However, good communication with the rest of her team is crucial, since once cast, you cannot cancel Medivac Dropship's flight animation anymore.
Another way to use Medivac Dropship, albeit a bit more unorthodox, is to use it as an escape mechanism, especially when enemy Tanks or Bruisers are threatening your life. Simply call down the Medivac Dropship and place it on a nearby location. By entering the Medivac, Morales becomes invulnerable until the Medivac lands or gets destroyed before take-off.
While channeling Healing Beam, Lt. Morales regenerates 2% of her maximum Health per second.
Caduceus Reactor is a very useful Trait which allows her to heal herself while healing an allied target. Make sure to utilize this as much as possible and keep in mind that Lt. Morales can also heal Minions and Mercenaries to maintain the self-healing buff.
After reaching Level 20, the Caduceus Reactor 2.0 talent' self-healing effect gets boosted significantly, which balances Lt. Morales' greatest weakness, which is survivability.
- 17 Jun. 2019: Updated Lt. Morales' abilities section in accordance with the latest state of the game.
- 08 Sep. 2017: Updated Lt. Morales' abilities page in accordance with the Kel'thuzad patch.
- Introducing Mastery Rings
- Heroic Deals: October 15th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: October 15th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: October 11th
- Heroic Deals: October 8th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 8th
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: October 4th
- Heroes of the Storm Kel'Thuzad
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers
- Heroes of the Storm Varian
- Heroes of the Storm Rehgar
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters