Lt. Morales Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Lt. Morales. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Lt. Morales's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Lt. Morales's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Lt. Morales efficiently.
Lt. Morales's Tips and Tricks
- Healing Beam can heal Lt. Morales thanks to Caduceus Feedback without consuming Energy if the healed target is currently at full Health.
- When healing a Hero, especially if melee, try to synchronize your movement with theirs to avoid going out of position and get focused down by the enemy team.
- Do not use Safeguard in random moments but instead try to cast it when it will mitigate a good amount of damage.
- You can reactivate Displacement Grenade to make it detonate immediately rather than at its maximum range.
- While the best targets for Stim Drone are marksmen, you can occasionally use it on Heroes from different Roles when they need Movement Speed to chase or escape.
- A short range Medivac Dropship can protect yourself from danger without leaving your team without their Healer for too much time.
Heal target allied Hero or Minion for 172 (+4% per level) Health per second as long as they are in range. After not channeling Healing Beam for 2 seconds, regenerate 6 Energy per second.
Reactivate to switch targets, or self-cast to cancel channeling.
Healing Beam is the only Ability that allows Lt. Morales to heal a single Hero or Mercenary at the cost of Energy, however, it is possible to swap target whenever you want. Choose your target wisely and always keep an eye on your Energy level. You can use Basic Attacks and other Basic Abilities while channeling this one, but not Heroic Abilities because they have a channel too.
Considering that Lt. Morales has 100 Energy and that Healing Beam consumes 6 Energy each second, you can channel it for about 20 seconds before spending all your Energy. To regenerate your Energy, just stop using this Ability for a while. Remember that you will need about 20 seconds to go from 0 to 100 Energy. As a general rule, for each second spent channeling Healing Beam, you will need a second of not channeling it.
- Cooldown: 11 seconds
Grant target ally Hero 35 Armor for 3 seconds.
Safeguard is a Basic Ability that gives Armor to a given allied Hero at no cost. Try to use it when you expect a lot of damage, else you waste it. The start of a team fight is a good moment to use it because the enemy Heroes will tend to use their cooldowns on the most exposed of your allied Heroes. In case you notice that the enemy team tends to ignore your frontline and focus you instead, keep this Ability for yourself.
- Cooldown: 12 seconds
Fire a grenade that can be manually detonated, dealing 208 (+4% per level) to nearby enemies and knocking them away.
Displacement Grenade is a Basic Ability that allows Lt. Morales to Knockback enemies, something that can be held for the right moment to interrupt Stationary Channeled Abilities (such as Mosh Pit by E.T.C.) or simply used to mess up the enemy engage as a form of peeling for your team. Remember that you can reactivate this Ability to make the projectile explode immediately in its current position, else it will detonate at maximum range. Avoid using it when your team is trying to land skillshot Abilities because it will only make your team waste important cooldowns on the position where the enemy Hero was before you moved it to safety.
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
Grant an allied Hero 75% Attack Speed and 25% Movement Speed for 10 seconds.
Stim Drone is a powerful Heroic Ability that, after a brief channel, greatly increases the Attack Speed and Movement Speed of the targeted allied Hero. As a consequence, try to use it on Heroes who can benefit from both of them, even if in some scenarios you may want to cast it just to give Movement Speed to someone to save them. If the cast gets interrupted, Stim Drone is put on a 10-second cooldown, so watch out for enemy crowd control effects while trying to cast it, but this is rarely a problem thanks to the high range and the fast cast time. While the official tooltip does not mention it, Stim Drone cannot be cast on Lt. Morales.
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Target a location for a Medivac transport. For up to 10 seconds before takeoff, allies can right-click to enter the Medivac.
Medivac Dropship is a situational Heroic Ability that summons a Medivac which can be used by Lt. Morales and her team to travel across the battleground, from the casting point to the selected location. The selected location cannot be too close to the casting point and has a high but limited range that usually covers half of the battlefield, but it depends on the Map because each of them has a different size. Lt. Morales is automatically put in the Medivac once the cast finishes, whereas allied Heroes have to click on it. Even if the Medivac will automatically depart after 10 seconds, you can manually order to depart immediately by pressing its key again, but you cannot do it within 3 seconds from its cast. Heroes can enter the Medivac to cancel most debuffs, but they will not be able to exit unless the Medivac lands or gets destroyed.
Medivac Dropship can be used in two ways:
- Defensive: When you are in trouble, cast it targeting the closest point possible so that you will be hidden in the Medivac until it gets destroyed or you will land in a nearby location to keep helping your team.
- Offensive: When your team wants to reach a given location on the other side of the battlefield, wait for your team to group around you and then cast it targeting the desired location.
While channeling Healing Beam, Lt. Morales regenerates 2% of her maximum Health per second.
Caduceus Reactor is a simple Trait which allows Lt. Morales to heal herself for a small amount while using Healing Beam, basically the only way she can gain Health back without specific Talents. Make sure to utilize it as much as possible and keep in mind that Lt. Morales can also heal Minions to maintain the self-healing buff.
- 17 Jul. 2020: Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 05 Jun. 2020: Builds and Descriptions changed according to the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Ability and Strategy fully revised to match new standards.
- Tips and Tricks modified to add important tips that were missing and to remove obvious ones that were not worth mentioning.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 23 Mar. 2020: Outdated information corrected.
- 17 Jun. 2019: Updated Lt. Morales' abilities section in accordance with the latest state of the game.
- 08 Sep. 2017: Updated Lt. Morales' abilities page in accordance with the Kel'thuzad patch.
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: November 23
- New Hero Teaser: November 22nd
- New Hero Teaser: November 21st
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- BlizzConline 2021 Will Be Free to Watch!
- David Kim, Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer Moves to WoW
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Sonya
- Taunt Varian now has the most HP in the game
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe