Kharazim Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Kharazim. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Kharazim's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Kharazim's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Kharazim efficiently.
1. Kharazim's Tips and Tricks
- Radiant Dash can be used on your Elemental Allies (even over Walls and other unpassable terrain) in order to escape pursuing enemies.
- Avoid smashing your Q-button too quickly when playing Kharazim, as it may cause Radiant Dash to use both charges on the same target.
- Do not use any healing or shielding abilities on the target you used Divine Palm on.
- During team fights, especially in the later stages of the game, it is often better to use Radiant Dash on allies in order to heal them and reposition yourself.
- Echo of Heaven is a powerful talent to improve your healing numbers. However, the second heal does not grant the bonus movement speed provided by Breath of Heaven.
- It is incredibly important to wait for the right moment before you use Seven-Sided Strike. Ideally, you want to focus its damage on one enemy only to unfold all its damage on the same target.
Instead of getting a predefined Trait, like other Heroes, Kharazim chooses his Trait at Level 1. Depending on which role he is going to fulfill in the current match, his choice can vary. While Transcendence and Insight are mostly used when playing Kharazim as a Support, Iron Fists turns him into a surprisingly dangerous melee Assassin.
2.1. Transcendence (Trait #1)
Every 3rd Basic Attack heals the lowest nearby allied Hero for 104 (+4% per level) and gives 25% increased Move Speed for 2 seconds.
Transcendence is the healing upgrade for Kharazim's Trait. It causes every third Basic Attack to heal the lowest nearby ally for a medium amount while also providing a 25% Movement Speed buff to Kharazim himself for 2 seconds. This Trait becomes very useful if Kharazim needs to contribute additional support to teammates in need.
2.2. Iron Fists (Trait #2)
Every 3rd Basic Attack deals 110% bonus damage and gives 25% increased Move Speed for 2 seconds.
Iron Fists is the damage upgrade for Kharazim's Trait. It causes every third Basic Attack to deal 125% additional damage while at the same time increasing his Movement Speed by 25% for 2 seconds. This Trait is excellent if his team requires Kharazim to play the role of a melee Assassin in order to take down enemy Heroes more quickly.
2.3. Insight (Trait #3)
Quest: Every 3rd Basic Attack restores 14 (+4% per level) Mana, grants a stack of Insight, and gives 25% increased Movement Speed for 2 seconds.
Reward: Upon getting 100 stacks of Insight, every 3rd attack also reduces Basic Ability cooldowns by 1.75 seconds.
Insight is the self-sustain upgrade for Kharazim's Trait. It causes every third Basic Attack to restore a small amount of Mana and also provides him with a 25% Movement Speed buff to Kharazim himself for 2 seconds. After this effect triggers 100 times, every 3rd Basic Attack will also reduce the cooldown of all Basic Abilities by 1 second. This Trait is recommended if you want to use your abilities as frequently as possible in order to boost your mobility and your AoE healing.
3. Radiant Dash
- Mana: 30
- Charges: 2
- Recharge Time: 12 seconds
Jump to an allied or enemy unit. Enemies are immediately hit with a Basic Attack.
Stores up to 2 charges.
Radiant Dash has two charges with a recharge time of 12 seconds. This ability enables Kharazim to quickly jump to an enemy or allied target, allowing him to become extremely mobile in combat. Assisting allies in need, chasing enemies, or juking hostile pursuers — Radiant Dash is an extremely versatile ability that feels very rewarding if used correctly.
If combined with any of his Level 4 talents, Radiant Dash provides Kharazim with exceptional mobility. Either of his Elemental Allies can be placed over Walls and other impassable terrain, allowing Kharazim to quickly jump to them. We strongly recommend setting both Radiant Dash and the Elemental Ally to Quick Cast in your hotkey settings in order make this combo feel as smooth as possible.
4. Breath of Heaven
- Mana: 65
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Heal nearby Heroes for 276 (+4% per level) and give them 15% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
Breath of Heaven synergises extremely well with Radiant Dash, as the latter enables Kharazim to quickly reach his desired target while the former is capable of healing and accelerating him and his allies. Just like the rest of Kharazim's kit, Breath of Heaven is an incredibly versatile ability. Use it to help your allies escape dangerous situations or to catch up to retreating enemies.
5. Deadly Reach
- Mana: 50
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Kharazim's next Basic Attack increases his Attack Speed and Attack Range by 100% for 2 seconds.
Deadly Reach is a formidable offensive ability, allowing Kharazim to quickly dish out a significant amount of damage while keeping a healthy distance to his target. The increased attack range also prevents him from exposing himself to the enemy team which makes Kharazim a unique Hero who combines close combat and medium range attacks.
6. Seven-Sided Strike
- Mana: 77
- Cooldown: 50 seconds
Become Invulnerable and strike 7 times over 2 seconds. Each strike hits the highest Health nearby Hero for 7% of their maximum Health.
Seven-Sided Strike is a very satisfying yet somewhat unreliable Heroic Ability. First of all, we have to stress the fact that Kharazim only hits enemies in a circle whose size is similar to Tyrande's Starfall. Thus, he is not able to damage enemies who simply walk out of that circle while Seven-Sided Strike is active. All in all, we noticed that Seven-Sided Strike does not always have the desired impact on a team fight, however, it is nevertheless a strong zoning and damage spell that makes Kharazim a force to be reckoned with.
7. Divine Palm
- Mana: 50
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Protect an allied Hero from death, causing them to be healed for 1084 (+4% per level) if they take fatal damage in the next 3 seconds.
Divine Palm is a very powerful supportive Heroic Ability capable of single-handedly deciding the outcome of a team fight if used correctly. Activating Dive Palm causes Kharazim to mark an allied Hero (visible to the enemy team as well), preventing them from dying for 3 seconds. If the enemy team kills the marked ally, that Hero will receive an enormous amount of healing after a short delay. This puts the enemy team into a precarious situation when playing against Kharazim: on the one hand they want to focus priority targets as quickly as possible while on the other hand they have to pay special attention to Divine Palm, as otherwise they will have wasted a lot of firepower on a target only to restore it to full health again. This ability feels very challenging to use correctly, yet extremely powerful if it does go off successfully.
- 02 Nov. 2017: Updated Transcendence, Iron Fists, and Insight following the latest balance update.
- Weekly Collection Update: October 23rd
- Weekly Brawl - Blackheart's Revenge: October 19th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #27
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: Oct 16 & Mal'Ganis Build Guide
- Game Director Alan Dabiri Leaves Heroes Team
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- WTF Moments Episode 114
- Weekly Collection Update: October 16th
- Heroes of the Storm Mal'Ganis
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Fever Clan Recruitment
- Heroes of the Storm Diablo
- whitemane - mana converstion burst heal guide. the nart build
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Was just told auriel is the worst healer in the game