Kharazim Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Kharazim. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Kharazim's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Kharazim's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Kharazim efficiently.
Kharazim's Tips and Tricks
- Radiant Dash can be used on your Elemental Allies (even over Walls and other unpassable terrain) in order to escape pursuing enemies.
- Avoid smashing your Q-button too quickly when playing Kharazim, as it may cause Radiant Dash to use both charges on the same target.
- Do not use any healing or shielding abilities on the target you used Divine Palm on before it gets triggered.
- During team fights, especially in the later stages of the game, it is often better to use Radiant Dash on allies in order to heal them and reposition yourself.
- It is incredibly important to wait for the right moment before you use Seven-Sided Strike. Ideally, you want to focus its damage on one enemy only to unfold all its damage on the same target. It is good to wait for the target to be immobile to dash towards a point in which your ult will only hit that specific target.
- Use your Earth Ally very early into the fight, since it has a long duration and will mitigate much damage.
- Both Quicksilver and Cleansing Touch can be used either as a peeling Ability, or as an engage tool. By dashing towards your tank, you will be enabling an unstoppable Garrosh with extra movement speed to catch an enemy.
Instead of getting a predefined Trait, Kharazim chooses his Trait at Level 1. Depending on which role he is going to fulfill in the current match, his choice can vary. While Transcendence and Insight seem to be good for increasing Kharazim's healing capabilities, we do not recommend them, because he is very dependent on Iron Fists. The extra healing from Transcendence will not be as effective as the increased damage option. While Insight is good when completed, Kharazim shines when applying pressure in the early game. He cannot abuse it if he needs to focus on stacking his Level 1 Talent.
Transcendence (Trait #1)
Every 3rd Basic Attack heals the lowest nearby allied Hero for 104 (+4% per level) and gives 25% increased Move Speed for 2.5 seconds.
Transcendence is the healing upgrade for Kharazim's Trait. It causes every third Basic Attack to heal the lowest nearby ally for a medium amount while also providing a 25% Movement Speed buff to Kharazim himself for 2 seconds.
Iron Fists (Trait #2)
Every 3rd Basic Attack deals 110% bonus damage and gives 25% increased Move Speed for 2.5 seconds.
Iron Fists is the damage upgrade for Kharazim's Trait. It causes every third Basic Attack to deal 125% additional damage while at the same time increasing his Movement Speed by 25% for 2 seconds. This Trait is excellent if his team requires Kharazim to play the role of a melee Assassin in order to take down enemy Heroes more quickly.
Insight (Trait #3)
Quest: Every 3rd Basic Attack restores 14 (+4% per level) Mana, grants a stack of Insight, and gives 25% increased Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds.
Reward: Upon getting 100 stacks of Insight, every 3rd attack also reduces Basic Ability cooldowns by 1.75 seconds.
Insight is the self-sustain upgrade for Kharazim's Trait. It causes every third Basic Attack to restore a small amount of Mana and also provides him with a 25% Movement Speed buff to Kharazim himself for 2 seconds. After this effect triggers 100 times, every 3rd Basic Attack will also reduce the cooldown of all Basic Abilities by 1 second.
- Mana: 25
- Charges: 2
- Recharge Time: 12 seconds
Jump to an allied or enemy unit. Enemies are immediately hit with a Basic Attack.
Stores up to 2 charges.
Radiant Dash has two charges with a recharge time of 12 seconds. This ability enables Kharazim to quickly jump to an enemy or allied target, allowing him to become extremely mobile in combat. Assisting allies in need, chasing enemies, or juking hostile pursuers — Radiant Dash is an extremely versatile ability that feels very rewarding if used correctly.
Breath of Heaven
- Mana: 65
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Heal nearby Heroes for 285 (+4% per level) and give them 15% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
Breath of Heaven synergises extremely well with Radiant Dash, as the latter enables Kharazim to quickly reach his desired target while the former is capable of healing and accelerating him and his allies. Just like the rest of Kharazim's kit, Breath of Heaven is an incredibly versatile ability. Use it to help your allies escape dangerous situations or to catch up to retreating enemies.
- Mana: 45
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Kharazim's next Basic Attack increases his Attack Speed and Attack Range by 100% for 2 seconds.
Deadly Reach is a formidable offensive ability, allowing Kharazim to quickly dish out a significant amount of damage while keeping a healthy distance to his target. The increased attack range also prevents him from exposing himself to the enemy team which makes Kharazim a unique Hero who combines close combat and medium range attacks.
- Mana: 77
- Cooldown: 50 seconds
Become Invulnerable and strike 7 times over 2 seconds. Each strike hits the highest Health nearby Hero for 7% of their maximum Health.
Seven-Sided Strike is a strong offensive Heroic Ability that can deal a moderate amount of damage to several enemies at the same time or an an insane amount to only 1 Hero. It also makes Kharazim invulnerable for a short period of time, which forces the enemy team to choose other priority targets while Seven-Sided Strike is active. However, this Heroic Ability has one major disadvantage, which is its fixed area of effect. Similar to Tyrande's Starfall or Kael'thas's Phoenix, enemies can simply walk out of Seven-Sided Strike's radius, which requires Kharazim to wait for the right moment to use it.
- Mana: 50
- Cooldown: 50 seconds
Protect an allied Hero from death, causing them to be healed for 1200 (+4% per level) if they take fatal damage in the next 3 seconds.
Divine Palm is a very powerful supportive Heroic Ability capable of single-handedly deciding the outcome of a team fight if used correctly. Activating Divine Palm causes Kharazim to mark an allied Hero (visible to the enemy team as well), preventing them from dying for 3 seconds. If the enemy team kills the marked ally, that Hero will receive an enormous amount of healing after a short delay. This puts the enemy team into a precarious situation when playing against Kharazim: on the one hand they want to focus priority targets as quickly as possible while on the other hand they have to pay special attention to Divine Palm, as otherwise they will have wasted a lot of firepower on a target only to restore it to full health again. This ability feels very challenging to use correctly, yet extremely powerful if it does go off successfully.
- 15 May 2020: Updated Transcendence and Insight descriptions to match Talent discussion.
- 02 Nov. 2017: Updated Transcendence, Iron Fists, and Insight following the latest balance update.
- New Heroes of the Storm Classic Skins & Mounts!
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Bug Notes: November 30th
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: November 30th
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of November 16th
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm Spell Power and Damage Modifier
- Heroes of the Storm Debug Mode
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Lt. Morales
- Heroes of the Storm Uther