Lúcio Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Lúcio. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Lúcio's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Lúcio's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Lúcio efficiently.
Lúcio's Tips and Tricks
- Frequently switch between Crossfade - Healing Boost and Crossfade - Speed Boost according to the situation you find yourself in.
- When an ally is chased by enemies, Crossfade - Speed Boost is the better choice to guarantee their survival.
- While chasing or retreating, make sure to use Lucio's Wall Ride Trait to your advantage, as it provides a significant Movement Speed bonus.
- While rotating from one lane to another, combine Amp It Up and Crossfade - Speed Boost.
Push Off (Trait)
- Cooldown: 20 seconds
While moving alongside terrain, activate to slide towards a targeted location. Enemies hit take 100 (+4% per level) damage and are Slowed by 75% for 1 second.
Push Off provides Lúcio with an extra amount of mobility and allows him to dash towards a chosen direction. Keep in mind that Lucio needs to be skating on a wall in order for this ability to become available.
- Mana: 30
- Cooldown: 7 seconds
Deal 105 (+4% per level) damage to enemies in an area and knock them back.
Soundwave is Lúcio's only source of waveclear and thus can be used to damage Minion Waves and Mercenary Camps. Enemy Siege Giants, in particular, can be pushed in range of your own Structures, which helps getting rid of them.
With its low cooldown, Soundwave proves to be quite a reliable disengage ability as well. Use it to keep enemy melee Assassins and Warriors at bay. However, refrain from using it too aggressively, as Lúcio can easily find himself exposed and killed when going for overly aggressive plays with Soundwave.
Currently playing Healing Boost, passively healing Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes for 15 (+4% per level) Health per second.
Toggle to play Speed Boost instead.
Currently playing Speed Boost, increasing the Movement Speed of Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes by 10%.
Toggle to play Healing Boost instead.
Crossfade is Lúcio's most impactful Basic Ability. It can be used in two ways, providing either Healing or Movement Speed boosts to nearby allied Heroes.
Using Crossfade efficiently requires a keen eye and good game sense, as it is often crucial to have the right beat active at the right time. While Healing Boost comes in very handy during longer skirmishes, Speed Boost is best used when rotating around the map in order to either retreat away from the enemy or to chase them down.
Amp It Up
- Mana: 90
- Cooldown: 13 seconds
Raise Lúcio's Crossfade track volume for 3 seconds, amping Healing Boost to 112 (+4% per level) Health per second and Speed Boost to 30% increased Movement Speed.
Amp It Up can be activated to drastically increase the effectivity of Crossfade's Boosts. It is very important to notice that while Amp It Up is active, Lúcio can freely switch between Healing and Speed Boost, as the increased effectivity carries over from one to another.
While rotating from lane to lane, Amp It Up can be used to greatly enhance Lúcio's Movement Speed in order to compensate for the fact that he cannot use a mount. During team fights, however, we recommend using Amp It Up more carefully, as its 15-second cooldown makes using it too early or too late quite unforgiving.
- Mana: 100
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
After 1 second, Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes gain a 1296 (+4% per level) point Shield that rapidly decays over 6 seconds.
Sound Barrier offers an incredible amount of burst damage protection for short period of time, as its shield decays rapidly. It is also worth mentioning that Sound Barrier needs to be cast with caution. Before activating it, Lúcio has a 1-second activation timer in which he jumps up in the air before casting the ability. During that short time window, any Stun, Polymorph, or Silence effect will cancel Sound Barrier's casting animation, causing it to go on a 10-second cooldown.
- Mana: 35
- Cooldown: 15 seconds per ally
Quickly skate to an allied Hero. Upon arrival, the ally is granted Unstoppable for 1 second and is healed for 250 (+4% per level).
High Five works as an anti crowd control tool that Lucio can use when an target ally is in danger. The additional heal it provides works well to get the target out of the danger zone in many cases. What makes this Heroic Ability particularly interesting is its short cooldown. Experienced Lucio players can use their Movement Speed to their advantage and always be in range to use High Five. We recommend picking High Five if the enemy team features several high single-target damage Assassins and/or crowd control heavy Tanks.
- 17 Jun. 2019: Revised the guide and found it still being up-to-date.
- 28 Mar. 2019: Updated Lucio's abilities section in accordance wih his latest rework.
- Call for Help Nexus Anomaly Feedback Wanted
- Haunted Mines Soundtrack Drum Cover
- Greek Gods Skin Concepts: Messenger Kharazim & Hades Ragnaros
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: May 6th
- Mythic Pantheon Skins Now Live
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 5th
- Heroes of the Storm AMA Recap: April 30th
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes with Self-Healing
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers
- Heroes of the Storm Cassia
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Quarantine Heroes btw