Anduin Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Anduin. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Anduin's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Anduin's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Anduin efficiently.
Anduin's Tips and Tricks
- Leap of Faith can be used on allies already impaired by enemy crowd control or pre-emptively to prevent them from taking damage.
- Cancelling Flash Heal's channel animation does not put the ability on cooldown, which allows Anduin to re-position himself and immediately start casting again.
- Safe positioning is key when playing Anduin, as he lacks any form of escape mechanism, such as dashes or teleports.
- Inner Focus can be used after casting Desperate Prayer to reset Flash Heal's cooldown.
- Lightbomb's Stun can be used after (or before) using Chastise's Root to trigger a strong crowd control combo.
Leap of Faith (Trait)
- Cooldown: 70 seconds
Faith instantly pulls an allied Hero to Anduin's location, granting them Unstoppable while they travel.
Leap of Faith is an absolute lifesaver against enemy hard engage, burst damage, and crowd control. It comes with a somewhat long cooldown, which means it should be used with caution. However, if used correctly, it can make the difference between saving an ally or watching them die. Use it on targets that are currently Stunned, Slowed, Rooted, or Silenced and are about to take a lot of damage. It can also be used pre-emptively to allow allied Heroes to dodge a large amount of damage altogether.
- Mana: 25
- Cooldown: 4 seconds
Cast for 0.75 seconds to heal an allied Hero for 270 (+4% per level).
Flash Heal is Anduin's go-to heal. It comes with a low Mana cost, a short cooldown, and a quick casting animation, which means it should be used as often as possible. Moving will interrupt the channel animation, however, it will not put the ability on cooldown. Consequently, it is always better to quickly re-position Anduin and then cast Flash Heal if that means he stays safe from enemy threats this way.
- Mana: 50
- Cooldown: 9 seconds
Send light that deals 140 (+4% per level) damage to enemies and then returns to Anduin, healing allied Heroes for 130 (+4% per level) in a wider path. Healing increases by 25% per enemy Hero hit.
Divine Star is Anduin's most important AoE healing tool. Use it during team fights when enemy Heroes are clustered in one area to maximize the damage and healing output. It is quite important to be aware of Anduin's own position, since he can impact the returning travel route of the projectile by moving himself accordingly.
- Mana: 40
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Shove a swell of light forward, dealing 175 (+4% per level) damage to the first enemy Hero hit and Rooting them for 1.25 seconds.
Chastise can be hard to hit sometimes due to its slow moving projectile. Thus, try to aim it on targets when thye are already impaired by Stuns, Slows, or Roots. This ability can also be used as a disengage tool against hard engaging enemy Heroes by rooting them in place. This usually buys enough time for Anduin to re-position himself in a safer location.
Holy Word: Salvation
- Mana: 70
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
After 0.5 seconds, Channel to invoke the Light for 3 seconds. While nearby, allied Heroes heal for up to 30% of their max Health and are Protected.
Holy Word: Salvation is a big playmaker if it goes through successfully. Similar to Tyrael's Sanctification, it protects allied Heroes in its vicinity from taking damage, while also healing them for a significant amount. Keep in mind, however, that it does not block enemy crowd control effects. By the same token, Anduin himself will usually become the main target of interest while channeling Holy Word: Salvation, since Stuns, Silences, or Knockbacks can interrupt the ability. Thus, counting cooldowns of potential interrupts on enemy Heroes becomes crucial in order to find the right time to launch this powerful ability.
- Mana: 70
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Imbue an allied Hero with the Light. After 1.5 seconds, it explodes, dealing 150 (+4% per level) damage to enemies and Stunning them for 1.25 seconds.
The target gains a Shield that absorbs 165 (+4% per level) damage per enemy Hero hit. Lasts for 5 seconds.
Lightbomb is a very versatile ability that can be used both offensively and defensively. If used offensively, it can be placed on an engaging Tank or Bruiser who will then damage and stun as many enemy Heroes as possible while also getting a protective shield. If used defensively, it can be used on Anduin himself or any other threatened ally to keep chasing enemies at bay.
- 11 Oct. 2020: Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
- BlizzCon 2020 Would Have Started Today: October 23rd
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes: October 7th
- Activision Blizzard To Close France Office
- Week 1 Analysis of the Heist League from The Chaos Report
- WarCraft 2 Remake in WC3: Reforged
- Second Warcraft Movie Rumor Mentioned by Chris Metzen
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Muradin
- Heroes of the Storm Deathwing