Barbarian Leap/Earthquake Build With Might of the Earth
Welcome to our build guide for Leap/Earthquake Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Patch 2.4 marked the return of the Earthquake Barbarian with a revision to the Might of the Earth set, along with a slew of synergistic items that reinforce the build's damage and survival in high Greater Rifts. This build offers a decent balance between AoE and single target potential, along with a hefty amount of crowd control, and is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Earthquake Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Earthquake Molten Fury Seismic Slam Rumble 1 Battle Rage Swords to Ploughshares 2 Leap Death from Above 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
|Earthquake Cave-In Seismic Slam Rumble 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 Leap Death from Above 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Earthquake Barbarian is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Eyes of the Earth
- Shoulders: Spires of the Earth
- Gloves: Pull of the Earth
- Chest: Spirit of the Earth
- Belt: Girdle of Giants
- Pants: Weight of the Earth
- Boots: Foundation of the Earth (or Lut Socks in Season 16)
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Blade of the Tribes
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: The Furnace
- Armor Slot: Lut Socks (or Magefist in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Convention of Elements
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Updated the Season 16 Cube recommendation.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (this page): Updated the Season 16 Cube recommendation.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Changed build rank to Mid Tier for Season 12.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Some wording updates to the gem and jewelry sections (without changes in the recommendations).
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sweep Attack Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Salvage Guide
- Trag'Oul Nec Builds