Barbarian Leap/Earthquake Build With Might of the Earth
Welcome to our build guide for Leap/Earthquake Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Patch 2.4 marked the return of the Earthquake Barbarian with a revision to the Might of the Earth set, along with a slew of synergistic items that reinforce the build's damage and survival in high Greater Rifts. This build offers a decent balance between AoE and single target potential, along with a hefty amount of crowd control, and is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Earthquake Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Earthquake Molten Fury Seismic Slam Rumble 1 Battle Rage Swords to Ploughshares 2 Leap Death from Above 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
|Earthquake Cave-In Seismic Slam Rumble 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 Leap Death from Above 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Earthquake Barbarian is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Eyes of the Earth
- Shoulders: Spires of the Earth
- Gloves: Pull of the Earth
- Chest: Spirit of the Earth
- Belt: Girdle of Giants
- Pants: Weight of the Earth
- Boots: Foundation of the Earth
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Blade of the Tribes
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 13 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Updated the Season 16 Cube recommendation.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (this page): Updated the Season 16 Cube recommendation.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Changed build rank to Mid Tier for Season 12.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Some wording updates to the gem and jewelry sections (without changes in the recommendations).
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Diablo Immortal: Potential Monetization Model
- Season 17 Guides: All Classes
- Season 17 Guides: Crusader, Demon Hunter and Monk
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 Part 2
- Season 17 Guides: Barbarian and Necromancer
- Challenge Rift 99 Guides
- Patch 2.6.5 Now Live + Patch Notes
- LoN Builds to Enjoy in Season 17 - Featuring Deadset
- Poison Dart Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Demon Hunter Natalya's Vengeance Set Dungeon
- LoN HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.5)
- Avarice Conquest
- Wizard question
- Grasp Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)