Barbarian Leap/Earthquake Build With Might of the Earth
Welcome to our build guide for Leap/Earthquake Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Patch 2.4 marked the return of the Earthquake Barbarian with a revision to the Might of the Earth set, along with a slew of synergistic items that reinforce the build's damage and survival in high Greater Rifts. This build offers a decent balance between AoE and single target potential, along with a hefty amount of crowd control, and is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
The basic skill setup of the Earthquake Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Earthquake Molten Fury Seismic Slam Rumble 1 War Cry Veteran's Warning 2 Leap Death from Above 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
|Earthquake Cave-In Seismic Slam Rumble 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 Leap Death from Above 3 Threatening Shout Falter 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
The required gear setup for the Earthquake Barbarian is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Eyes of the Earth
- Shoulders: Spires of the Earth
- Gloves: Pull of the Earth
- Chest: Spirit of the Earth
- Belt: Girdle of Giants
- Pants: Weight of the Earth
- Boots: Foundation of the Earth
- Bracers: Mortick's Brace
- Amulet: The Flavor of Time
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Blade of the Tribes
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Gogok of Swiftness
- 28 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Minor clarification to the gear and stat recommendations.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (this page): Item and skill recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Item recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Skill recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (speed farming variant page): Updated skill and item recommendations to match the main build for Season 18.
- 13 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Updated the Season 16 Cube recommendation.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (this page): Updated the Season 16 Cube recommendation.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Changed build rank to Mid Tier for Season 12.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Some wording updates to the gem and jewelry sections (without changes in the recommendations).
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- PTR Patch 2.6.7 Notes - Season of Eternal Conflict (S19)
- Challenge Rift 120 Guides
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- Legacy of Dreams Gem Drop Chance Increased in Season 19
- Challenge Rift 119 Guides
- Diablo 3 Classified as a Blizzard Classic Game
- Challenge Rift 117 Guides
- Challenge Rift 116 Guides
- Necromancer lazy Pestilence possible?
- Boss Mode Conquest
- RoRG Not Dropping
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire