Crusader Hammerdin Build With Blessed Hammer and Seeker of the Light Set
Welcome to our build guide for Blessed Hammer Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Seeker of the Light set marks the return of the Hammerdin build, decidedly focusing on bringing Blessed Hammer to competitive DPS in Greater Rifts — aided and protected by Falling Sword. This mobile, sustain damage playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Blessed Hammer Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Blessed Hammer Limitless Falling Sword Rapid Descent 1 Laws of Valor Critical 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Provoke Too Scared to Run 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Blessed Hammer Dominion Falling Sword Part the Clouds 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Provoke Too Scared to Run 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Blessed Hammer Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Crown of the Light
- Shoulders: Mountain of the Light
- Gloves: Will of the Light
- Chest: Heart of the Light
- Belt: Sacred Harness
- Pants: Towers of the Light
- Boots: Foundation of the Light
- Bracers: Gabriel's Vambraces
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Johanna's Argument
- Offhand: Guard of Johanna
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
4.3. Kanai's Cube
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 15 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (this page): Revised the Season 16 extra slot recommendation.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Revised the Season 16 extra slot recommendation.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): Changed assessment of the build from Top tier to Mid tier.
- 02 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)