Crusader Shield Bash Build with Roland's Set
Welcome to our build guide for Shield Bash Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Roland's set splits its damage bonuses evenly between a sustain damage and a burst damage skill, boosting Sweep Attack and Shield Bash with equal numbers. This Shield Bash variant is a bursty, single target-heavy, assassination-oriented build that is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and speed farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Shield Bash Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Punish Fury Shield Bash Pound 1 Laws of Justice Decaying Strength 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Shield Glare Zealous Glare 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Justice Sword of Justice Shield Bash Pound 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Steed Charge Endurance 3 Shield Glare Zealous Glare 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Shield Bash Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Roland's Visage
- Shoulders: Roland's Mantle
- Gloves: Roland's Grasp
- Chest: Roland's Bearing
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Roland's Determination
- Boots: Roland's Stride
- Bracers: Drakon's Lesson
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Flail of the Ascended
- Shield: The Final Witness
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Low Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking to challenge yourself with an unorthodox, but still very viable build to complete the Season Journey with, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 15 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (speed farming variant page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 22 Mar. 2018 (speed farming variant page): Added the guide.
- 22 Mar. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 22 Mar. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- 22 Mar. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)