Demon Hunter Unhallowed Essence Grenades Build
Welcome to our build guide for Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
One of the multiple builds affected by the 2.4.3 Hellcat Waistguard rework, the Unhallowed Essence generator build emerges as a fully competitive spec with a focus on Grenade. This mid range, explosive playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grenade Cluster Grenades Fan of Knives Bladed Armor 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Boar Companion 4 Preparation Invigoration|
|Grenade Cluster Grenades Shadow Power Shadow Glide 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Preparation Invigoration|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Unhallowed Essence Grenades Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Accursed Visage
- Shoulders: Unsanctified Shoulders
- Gloves: Fiendish Grips
- Chest: Cage of the Hellborn
- Belt: Hellcat Waistguard
- Pants: Depth Diggers
- Boots: Hell Walkers
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Fortress Ballista
- Offhand: Dawn
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Simplicity's Strength
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Buriza-Do Kyanon
- Armor Slot: Hunter's Wrath
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Elusive Ring in Season 16)
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): Moved build from Top tier to High tier, following Patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sweep Attack Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Salvage Guide
- Trag'Oul Nec Builds