LoD Singularity Necromancer Key Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Key Farming variant of LoD Singularity Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Regular Rift Key Farming
The LoD Singularity Necromancer deals with Normal Rift farming excellently, making it one of the preferable builds for the purpose. We have speed farming rankings, if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish Skeletal Mage Life Support 1 Blood Rush Metabolism 2 Devour Devouring Aura 3 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands 4 Simulacrum Reservoir|
A large part of your skill selection from the solo build will still make sense during GR XP farming. The basis of your damage still lies in the synergy between the (free) Skeletal Mage Singularity and the near-instantaneous Essence refills provided by Devour (aura-like for convenience, in this case) during Land of the Dead uptime, coupled with the extension of your overall Essence pool reserve via Overwhelming Essence and Simulacrum Reservoir. All the alterations made to skills will be made in service of speed and convenience, namely:
- For maximum convenience, you can swap the Devour rune to Devouring Aura, which automates the consumption effect and synergizes nicely with the worn Avarice Band. That being said, you can keep an active rune like Satiated, which provides a bigger overall benefit.
- With the revised powers of Haunted Visions, there is no reason not to keep Simulacrums on the bar, since you will get the permanent benefit of the Reservoir rune.
- Land of the Dead will stay on the hard CC effect of Frozen Lands, ideally overlapping with the strong cooldown reduction-oriented choices in your gearing.
- Bone Armor will be taken with the farming-oriented Harvest of Anguish due to the movement speed buff.
- For maximum mobility, Blood Rush will be taken with the doubled charges of Metabolism.
Most of your passive selection from the GR specs will be retained, with Final Service (cheat death), Overwhelming Essence (extra Essence for DPS) and Extended Servitude (longer lasting Mages) still providing tremendous value. We also recommend adding Dark Reaping for a steady source of Life and Essence with the lightning-quick kill speeds during farming.
From the Devour-related items, Requiem Cereplate retains its value for the snowballing effect in a speed run, and Razeth's Volition remains vital with the free Singularity and Gift of Death effects it provides.
From the 'generic' legendaries, keep Leoric's Crown as your helm (CDR trumps the potential damage gain from Andariel's Visage here), as well as Reaper's Wraps — they remain a cornerstone item in the build for their resource regeneration.
The damage-increasing legendaries are highly desirable in speeds, so you will maintain Tasker and Theo for the pet attack speed, Haunted Visions for the damage buff from the Reservoir summons, and take Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan due to its combination of a damage increase plus resource generation enhancement.
Since speed is essential in XP runs, you will be wearing Steuart's Greaves over the progression-oriented Ice Climbers, and will be slotting Blood Rush Metabolism in your active skills accordingly (see above).
When it comes to jewelry, our basic recommendation is to keep Circle of Nailuj's Evol for the ease of Skeletal Mage Singularity army maintenance, and add the Act III bounty cache legendary Avarice Band for its tremendous speed farming utility. The combined power of the latter when socketed with a Boon of the Hoarder and paired with Goldwrap will both greatly speed you up and render you near-invulnerable in standard rift farming. The third suggested ring is Krysbin's Sentence for the damage amplification; pick your stronger two to wear and Cube the third. A notable alteration you can make is to drop Krysbin from the setup when you grow very confident of your damage, and take Rechel's Ring of Larceny for the movement speed proc (it has to be worn in order to proc itself with its guaranteed Fear on Hit secondary stat).
The weapon and offhand are, as always, Scythe of the Cycle, plus your best rolled phylactery with appropriate stats.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
You will maintain Enforcer and Legacy of Dreams as crucial legendary gems for the build, but should replace Bane of the Trapped for Boon of the Hoarder for the Avarice Band- Goldwrap synergy during farming runs.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
For your weapon slot, you can run either Messerschmidt's Reaver (solo normal rift farming) or In-geom (group normal rift farming) as your cooldown reduction powerhouse; both will work exceptionally well with the build.
To further the speed of your clears, slot Nemesis Bracers in your armor Cube slot for the additional elite spawns.
During Season 22, you have an extra 4th Cube slot to re-introduce the massive damage amplification of Reilena's Shadowhook with; this way you do not have to sacrifice the strength of the progression items for the convenience of farming staples.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Revision of item, skill, and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 02 Jul. 2020: Revised the build to account for Razeth's Volition changes.
- 12 Mar. 2020: Page added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3