Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer Key Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Key Farming variant of Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Regular Rift Key Farming
The Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer deals with Normal Rift quite well, making the build well suited for the purposes of key farming. We have speed farming rankings, if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Grim Scythe Frost Scythe Bone Spear Teeth 1 Devour Devouring Aura 2 Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish 3 Blood Rush Metabolism 4 Simulacrum Reservoir|
- Bone Spear will still be the main damage dealer, but you should swap the precise, progression-oriented Blighted Marrow rune for the AoE convenience of Teeth, and adjust elemental rolls on gear to Physical accordingly.
- Simulacrum is still an integral part of the build, and all of its runes will be provided by the Masquerade set bonus.
- For maximum convenience, you should add Devour to the build along with Devouring Aura, which automates the consumption effect and synergizes nicely with the worn Avarice Band.
- As a backup whenever you run out of Corpses to Devour, you should still keep Grim Scythe around — along with the IAS-oriented Frost Scythe rune to speed up the resource restoration process.
- Bone Armor will be taken with the farming-oriented Harvest of Anguish due to the movement speed buff.
- For maximum mobility, Blood Rush will be taken with the doubled charges of Metabolism.
Some of your passive selection from the GR specs will be retained, with Stand Alone (massive armor bonus for non- and low-summoning builds) and Serration (damage buff for Bone Spear) still providing tremendous value. Add to them Final Service (for the cheat death preventing the occasional mishap) and Fueled by Death (to further your mobility during standard rift farming.)
You will keep most of the items from the progression-oriented setup, with the majority of the Masquerade set remaining in place, but run a 5-piece setup with a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube to attain the 6-piece bonus. You should make the following gear alterations:
- Drop the Extravagant Shoes from the worn gear and replace them with Steuart's Greaves for the additional mobility after using Blood Rush.
- Replace the curse-dependent protection of Dayntee's Binding with Goldwrap, as the gold synergy outlined below will provide you with all the protection you might need in farming runs.
- Replace the progression-oriented Convention of Elements for the speed farming-appropriate Avarice Band. This Act III bounty cache legendary ring will greatly increase your pickup radius as you gain gold, forming a solid triumvirate of powers with the worn Goldwrap and socketed Boon of the Hoarder. Complete the worn jewelry with the usual Haunted Visions and Krysbin's Sentence.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
You will maintain Zei's Stone of Vengeance as a universally useful damage multiplication gem in the build, but should replace Bane of the Trapped for Boon of the Hoarder for the Avarice Band- Goldwrap synergy during farming runs, and drop the Greater Rift Guardian-oriented Bane of the Stricken for the generic damage increase of Bane of the Powerful.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
For your weapon slot, you can run either Messerschmidt's Reaver (solo normal rift farming) or In-geom (group normal rift farming) as your cooldown reduction powerhouse; both will work exceptionally well with the build.
Tucked away in the Cube, Nemesis Bracers are a farming staple that will shorten your runs by spawning extra elites at every shrine.
In the base suggested setup above, you will have to slot the Ring of Royal Grandeur in order to maintain the 6-piece Masquerade bonus while enjoying extra utility legendary powers.
During Season 22, you are also able to include Maltorius' Petrified Spike from the progression version of the build, and enjoy its damage bonuses without losing the utility of cooldown-related weapon powers.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Adjustment to the 4th Cube slot recommendation in Season 22.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Revision of item, skill, and passive recommendations, alongside advice for Season 22 changes.
- 01 Jul. 2020: Page added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon