Monk Tempest Rush Build with Sunwuko
Welcome to our build guide for Tempest Rush Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.1 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The third skill to be imbued by the Sunwuko set bonuses, Tempest Rush offers a fun and under-appreciated playstyle for Monks. This fluid combat playstyle that alternates periods of sustain damage with carefully calculated bursts is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Tempest Rush Flurry Blinding Flash Crippling Light 1 Mantra of Salvation Agility 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Mystic Ally Air Ally 4 Epiphany Desert Shroud|
|Tempest Rush Electric Field Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 1 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Mystic Ally Air Ally 4 Epiphany Ascendance|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Sunwuko's Crown
- Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance (or Mantle of Channeling in Season 16)
- Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws
- Chest: Sunwuko's Soul
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Sunwuko's Leggings
- Boots: The Crudest Boots
- Bracers: Cesar's Memento
- Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Unity
- Weapon 1: Vengeful Wind
- Offhand: Sun Keeper
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Balance
- Armor Slot: Mantle of Channeling (or Krelm's Buff Bracers in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but don't necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (speed farming variant page): Added the guide.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)