Witch Doctor Arachyr Firebats Build
Welcome to our build guide for Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
This guide brings two different playstyles to the table: a flashy, Firebats-centric progression spec for solo GR pushes, a progression spec for group GR pushes, and an amusing, explosive Angry Chicken speedfarming variation, explained in that order. Note that this playstyle alternates between the Arachyr and Helltooth sets almost one for one with very minor variations, explained in the sections ahead.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Firebats Cloud of Bats Haunt Poisoned Spirit 1 Hex Jinx 2 Spirit Walk Honored Guest 3 Soul Harvest Languish 4 Locust Swarm Cloud of Insects|
|Firebats Cloud of Bats Haunt Draining Spirit 1 Hex Jinx 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Soul Harvest Languish 4 Locust Swarm Cloud of Insects|
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Hex Angry Chicken 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Summon Zombie Dogs Life Link 4 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Arachyr's Visage
- Shoulders: Arachyr's Mantle (or Mantle of Channeling in Season 16)
- Gloves: Arachyr's Claws
- Chest: Arachyr's Carapace
- Belt: Bakuli Jungle Wraps
- Pants: Arachyr's Legs
- Boots: Arachyr's Stride
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Ring of Emptiness
- Weapon: Sacred Harvester
- Offhand: Vile Hive
3.2. Legendary Gems
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Staff of Chiroptera
- Armor Slot: Mantle of Channeling (or Coils of the First Spider in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Unity
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as the Top Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 17 Nov. 2017 (this page): Re-added group progression variant.
- 17 Nov. 2017 (group progression variant page): Added group variant.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (this page): Revised skill, gemming and Cube recommendations.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Revised gemming and Cube recommendations.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Revised skill recommendations.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Furious Charge Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Some ideas to make a Rapid Fire build viable
- New'ish Build: Blood God Build
- Seismic Slam Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)