Tyrande Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Tyrande. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Tyrande's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Tyrande's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Tyrande efficiently.
Tyrande's Tips and Tricks
- Use Sentinel as frequently as possible. The vision it provides helps your team in making better decisions.
- Always mind your positioning when playing Tyrande. If caught by surprise, she is an easy Hero to get taken down.
- Shadowstalk is an incredibly versatile Heroic Ability. Use it to ambush the enemy team or to cover your retreat.
- Landing Lunar Flare on moving targets requires practise and experience. Try to anticipate their movement paths and aim accordingly.
- Hunter's Mark can be used on non-Heroic targets, such as Bosses, Immortals, or Punishers, in order to kill them faster.
Light of Elune
- Mana: 15
- Charges: 2
- Recharge Time: 16 seconds
Heal an ally Hero for 255 (+4% per level). Light of Elune's cooldown is reduced by 1.5 seconds every time Tyrande damages an enemy.
Stores up to 2 charges. Cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
Being Tyrande's only burst heal ability, Light of Elune is crucial in order to keep allies and herself alive. Tyrande should use Light of Elune regularly, as the ability comes with 2 charges. In order to heal with maximum efficiency, it is of utmost importance to consistently use Basic Attacks with Tyrande, as every attack lowers the cooldown of Light of Elune.
- Mana: 50
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
Send an Owl across the battleground revealing its path, dealing 120 (+4% per level) damage to the first Hero hit, and revealing them for 5 seconds.
Sentinel can be used in order to scout if you do not see the opposing team on your Minimap or before blindly facechecking bushes. However, keep in mind that in certain situations it may not be the best choice to use Sentinel. If your team is trying to capture Mercenary Camps or Golem Bosses for example, an ill timed Owl could tell enemies about your position and consequently enable them to catch you off guard.
- Mana: 60
- Cooldown: 13 seconds
After 0.75 seconds, deal 150 (+4% per level) damage and Stun enemies in the target area for 0.75 seconds.
While Lunar Flare allows Tyrande to disrupt enemies from a safe distance, the fact that it is a skillshot makes it a skill that requires a lot of experience in order to be used efficiently. One of the most important things to keep in mind when using Lunar Flare is to predict your target's movement path. Anticipating the position of your target correctly is crucial when playing Tyrande, so do not shy away from practising against the AI before diving into Hero League or Team League matches.
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
Deal 92 (+4% per level) damage per second and Slow enemies by 20% in an area. Lasts 6 seconds.
Starfall slows and damages every enemy in its area of effect which makes it a very powerful Heroic Ability during team fights and pushes. As soon as a team fight breaks out, Starfall should be first abilitiy to be cast. Doing so maximizes the damage output during the fight and provides Tyrande with cooldown reduction on her Light of Elune. One of Starfall's greatest advantages is its versatility, because it can be used both offensively and defensively. If used offensively, Starfall is able to slow retreating enemies which allows your teammates to collapse on them. If used defensively, Starfall can be used to disengage and run away from charging enemies.
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
Grant all allied Heroes Stealth for 10 seconds and heal them for 380 (+4% per level) Health over 10 seconds. Remaining stationary for at least 1.5 seconds while Stealthed grants Invisible.
Shadowstalk is a useful supportive Heroic Ability, which provides significant healing to your allies. Furthermore, it allows Tyrande to initiate hidden manoeuvres on the map to catch the enemy team off guard.
On bigger maps like Cursed Hollow or Sky Temple on which it is harder for the enemy team to predict your position, Shadowstalk can gain a lot of value. On smaller maps like Towers of Doom or Tomb of the Spider Queen, however, the strong AoE-damage from Starfall can sometimes be the better choice.
- Cooldown: 20 seconds
Reveal a non-Structure enemy and reduce their Armor by 15 for 4 seconds.
Tyrande's Hunter's Mark is one of the strongest Traits in the game when it comes to taking down a single target very quickly. It synergises extremely well with both Tyrande's own and her allies' sources of burst damage. Hunter's Mark can even cause enemy Tanks and Bruisers to become relatively squishy targets, which forces them to think carefully about engaging a team fight or not.
Keep in mind that Hunter's Mark can be used to greatly increase Lunar Flare's and Sentinel's damage as well. Since it has the same casting range as Lunar Flare, we recommend marking your chosen target first before hitting it with your other abilities in order to maximise your overall damage.
- 29 Aug. 2019: Applied minor updates on Tyrande's abilities.
- 03 Sep. 2018: Updated Tyrande's abilities section in accordance with her latest rework.
- Heroes of the Storm April Fools PTR Patch Notes
- Heroic Deals: April 1st
- All Heroes Remain Free to Play Through April 13th
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Heroes Lounge Sign-Ups Now Open
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: March 27th
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Heroes of the Storm The Lost Vikings
- Heroes of the Storm Kharazim
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Heroes of the Storm Kael'thas
- Heroes of the Storm Samuro
- Heroes of the Storm Illidan
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Diablo