Probius Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Probius. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Probius's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Probius's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Probius efficiently.
Probius's Tips and Tricks
- Unlike mounts, Worker Rush may be used in combat. Keep in mind that ALL damage (including damage-over-time such as poisons) will immediately break the effect.
- Place Pylons from Warp In Pylon within brush or behind terrain or allied fortification to protect them from being immediately destroyed.
- Do not be afraid to poke enemies with Disruption Pulse when unable to set up or waiting on the cooldown of Warp Rift.
- Warp Rift is most effective when used in narrow corridors and chokepoints that force enemies to travel through its AoE.
- Photon Cannon is great for zoning as well as soaking damage from Minions, Mercenaries, and enemy structures.
- Save Pylon Overcharge for teamfights surrounding important Battleground objectives. This will force the enemy to either stay within its range or give up the objective to disengage, either of which are good for Probius and his allies.
- Instead of simply placing Null Gate across a pathway to block it off, Null Gate can be angled slightly (depending on the space) to maximize the distance an enemy will be forced to travel through it.
Worker Rush (Z)
- Cooldown: 30 seconds
Activate to gain an additional 60% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Taking damage ends this effect early. Worker Rush is always active while at the Hall of Storms.
Passive: Probius moves 10% faster by hovering over the ground.
Worker Rush is Probius' movement mechanic, taking place of the traditional Mount most other Heroes utilize to traverse the Nexus. The passive 10% increased Movement Speed is incredibly useful for kiting enemies around Probius' Photon Cannons and teammates. The activatable portion of Worker Rush is incredibly important as its rather lengthy cooldown requires it to be used wisely. Unlike mounts, Worker Rush can be activated during combat. Keep in mind that ALL damage (including damage-over-time such as poisons) will break the Movement Speed bonus effect and place Worker Rush on full cooldown. Turbo Charged may be talented into at Level 4 to greatly increase the Movement Speed of Worker Rush while in a Pylon's Power Field as well as significantly reduce the cooldown of Worker Rush.
Warp In Pylon (Trait)
- Cooldown: 14 seconds
Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regenerates mana while inside a Power Field. Enemy Heroes and Minions drop Minerals when killed. Gather Minerals to reduce the cooldown of Warp In Pylon by 0.75 seconds.
Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time.
Being able to know when and where to warp in a Pylon on the Battlefield is key to mastering Probius' rather unique play style. Probius should always fight in or nearby his Pylon's Power Fields as these fields are the only place Probius will be able to restore Mana and summon Photon Cannons. When possible, Pylons should be placed in bushes or behind cover to prevent enemies from immediately attacking and destroying them. The 14-second cooldown of Warp In Pylon can be unforgiving, as Pylons are essentially required for fights and skirmishes. Therefore, try to not carelessly place pylons simply for the sake of placing them. Only two Pylons can be active at one time, and if a third Pylon is summoned the first will simply be destroyed.
Grabbing Minerals on Heroes and Minions' deaths reduce Pylon's cooldown. However, it may be dangerous to advance to grab them. Very often, it will be better to play safely, waiting for the Pylon's cooldown to refresh.
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 3 seconds
Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 142 (+5% per level) damage to all enemies it passes through.
Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
Disruption Pulse is a linear projectile with medium range that is the driving force behind much of Probius' power. Disruption Pulse has a short cooldown allowing it to be cast often to poke down enemies. Dependable accuracy with Disruption Pulse is key, as it will be used to not only strike opponents, but to also explode Warp Rifts placed by Probius for additional damage.
- Mana: 150
- Charges: 2
- Recharge Time: 6 seconds
Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then Slows nearby enemies by 25% lasting 3 seconds.
Armed Warp Rifts explode when they expire or when hit by Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 (+5% per level) damage to nearby enemies.
Warp Rift is Probius' main source of AoE damage and crowd-control. The ability stores two charges with a 6 second cooldown. The Warp Rifts last for 9 seconds once summoned, so Probius should cast and leave them in positions that he will expect enemies to be while he is regenerating more charges. Warp Rift needs to be struck with a cast of Disruption Pulse in order to explode for damage. This W+Q combo is a phenomenal source of waveclear and allows Probius to delete minion waves very quickly. Probius also has the option to wait to detonate a Warp Rift with Disruption Pulse until an enemy has travelled across the entire Rift and has been slowed for its maximum duration. This can allow allies to more kite a Hero or catch them should they be trying to flee.
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 105 (+4% per level) damage. Lasts for 13 seconds.
While within a Pylon's Power Field, Photon Cannons gain 40% Attack Speed over 4 seconds and reveal nearby enemies.
Photon Cannon is a great distraction Probius can utilize to keep more close range enemies at bay. The cannons last for a total of 13 seconds and will always prioritize enemy Heroes. A Photon Cannon may also be used to tank damage from Towers, Forts, Keeps or Mercenaries. Probius may even use Photon Cannon to absorb certain enemy skillshots such as Li-Ming's Arcane Orb. Keep in mind that Photon Cannons can be summoned anywhere, but they will have reduced attack speed when not within the Power Field of a Pylon. Like previously mentioned, try to keep the Pylons safe in order to prevent them being destroyed resulting in weakened Photon Cannons.
- Mana: 100
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
For 8 seconds, increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemy Heroes within it for 96 (+4% per level) damage per second. Pylons are Invulnerable for the duration.
Pylon Overcharge gives Probius incredible area control, particularly the area revolving around Battleground objectives. When possible, Pylon Overcharge should only be activated when Probius has been able to place both of his Pylons, as this will greatly increase its effectiveness. Probius should try to hold onto at least one Pylon at all times in order to ensure he is never further than 14 seconds away from having two Pylons up in one area at one time. Once Pylon Overcharge is activated, the size of a Pylon's power field is greatly increased. This means that for the duration of the ability, Probius will be able to not only benefit from the Pylons passive buffs within a larger area, but can also place Photon Cannons in areas where he otherwise would not have been able to.
- Mana: 100
- Cooldown: 25 seconds
Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 76 (+4% per level) damage per second and are Slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
Null Gate is an amazing zoning tool that has a multitude of applications. The 80% slow is crippling to all enemies who find themselves trapped within its path, and the ticking damage (although relatively small) will force dismounts and even break Stealth. Null Gate can be used to either prevent enemies from closing in on an area (oftentimes Battleground objectives) or to cut off unsuspecting targets. This zoning potential is significantly increased by Gate Keeper at Level 20 which allows Null Gate to remain indefinitely as long as Probius is able to maintain a Power Field at either end of the gate. The directional targeting component of Null Gate allows Probius to place Null Gate in any orientation he so desires. This is incredibly strong, as Probius can place the gate ALONG pathways instead of across them, forcing enemies to have to travel through a much longer portion of the gate. It is most important that enemies are forced to run into some portion of the gate, so Probius should never accidentally leave an opening for escape when trying to cast Null Gate with the "perfect" angle.
- 09 Feb. 2022: Updated Pylon's description after recent balance patch.
- 09 Dec. 2021: Abilities section updated after recent balance patch.
- 04 Jun. 2021: Updated Cooldowns and durations to correspond to their real values.
- 17 Jul. 2019: Abilities section reviewed.
- 07 Jul. 2017: Updated Pylon Overcharge description, as it no longer gives Pylons bonus Health.
- 16 May 2017: Changed Pylon Overcharge's passive shield amount from 50% to 30% in accordance to the May 10, 2017 Balance Update.
- 11 May 2017: Fixed error regarding Photon Cannon's duration and target prioritization.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: November 16th
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm General Tier List
- Howe accurate is hotslogs/heroesprofile hidden QM MMR?
- Heroes of the Storm Probius
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List