Invoker Thorns Crusader Speed Farming Variation
The Invoker Thorns Crusader deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Punish Celerity Steed Charge Endurance 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Iron Skin Flash 3 Condemn Vacuum 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
In speed farming, mobility is a much bigger consideration for Thorns Crusaders, since you do not have the AoE clear of the more conventional farming builds. You need to keep up your Laws of Hope Wings of Angels up at all times, and zip from one elite pack to another to trigger In-geom's CDR resets. Instead of using Provoke to keep monsters engaged, you will be using the quicker and larger pull of Condemn Vacuum. When in need to cross greater distances, simply mount up with Steed Charge.
Adapting Skills and Passives
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Punish Celerity, Steed Charge Endurance and Iron Skin Flash will remain in your active skill lineup from the progression build.
- When speedfarming, the additional durability of Laws of Justice or extra attack speed of Laws of Valor will be overkill, so you can safely swap this slot out for the movement speed buffs of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
- Provoke loses much of its value in the quick skirmishes that populate normal Rifts, so it can be replaced by a quick enemy gathering tool in the face of Condemn Vacuum.
- Akarat's Champion Prophet is an omnipresent self-buff in both versions of the build.
- The majority of passives from the progression build are too valuable to ignore; you will keep Heavenly Strength, Iron Maiden and Finery.
- In speed farming where damage is of lesser concern compared to mobility, you should take Long Arm of the Law for the improved uptime of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Invoker, incorporating 5 of the 6 available pieces according to your best rolls. The existence of the atypical set bracer allows you to tinker with additional bonuses, most notably the inclusion of the Sage's Journey set for Death's Breath farming. Take Sage's Ribbon and Sage's Passage for example, and then complete both the Invoker and Sage set bonuses with a Ring of Royal Grandeur.
The progression-oriented Endless Walk set should be dropped from your jewelry during farming, since the speed of normal Rifts will ruin the uptime of the set's damage bonus. In their stead, use a Physical/Thorns Stone of Jordan for the consistent boost to your damage, and The Flavor of Time for the additional duration on Pylon pickups.
When doing bounties, you can take an extra step in terms of optimization and drop the Pig Sticker for a Swiftmount; the doubled Steed Charge allows for some of the best mobility the Crusader class has to offer.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
When doing speedruns, health values will be a significantly smaller barrier, diminishing the value of Bane of the Stricken; you would do well to replace it with Boon of the Hoarder. The latter is a high utility gem that feeds you practically infinite gold, gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, and synergizes excellently with a and cubed Avarice Band for practical invincibility of your character.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In regular Rift farming, the pace at which you kill elites facilitates the use of the most potent source of cooldown reduction in your weapon Cube slot — In-geom. As long as you fuel its power by regularly bursting down elites, it will practically ensure permanent uptime of all of your important cooldowns.
Belt of the Trove stays as the default recommendation in the armor Cube slot, in order to maintain the damage reduction of the Invoker 4-piece bonus. Starting in Patch 2.7, the elite spawning powers of Nemesis Bracers can be equipped on your follower, which will greatly help with the proc of In-geom without causing you to lose toughness from this Cube slot.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The preferred potion for this build is Bottomless Potion of the Leech due to its Life per Hit bonuses, which synergize perfectly for the high attack speed and sustain-through-attacks playstyle of the build.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
- 31 Mar. 2021: Added minor equipment alterations and added a follower recommendations.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Revised equipment, passives, and Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 19 Nov. 2019: Guide revised and updated for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- 17 May 2019: Minor fixes to skill recommendations; guide approved for Season 17.
- 31 Oct. 2017: Adapted the speedfarming variant to the 2.6.1 changes.
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha
- Korean Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha to Be Extended, Possibly in the West as Well?
- Diablo 2: Resurrected in Ultrawide 32:9, 5120x1440
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Diablo II Resurrected Technical Alpha Starting April 8th
- Signs of the Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha: Korean Test Announced
- Razor Strop Fix for Game Freezes and Connection issues