Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter GR Speed Farming Variation
The Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter deals excellently with Greater Rift Speed Farming, as the massive AoE of Multishot scales even better with the lower health pools of speed GRs, and you can transition into riskier, all-out aggressive playstyle with corresponding gear choices. We have solo speed GR rankings and solo speed T16 rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
During lower tier Greater Rift farming, the balance between defense, damage and utility can be shifted to favor the latter two aspects of character building.
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Arsenal 1 Vengeance Seethe 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Sentry Polar Station|
When you are Speed Farming Greater Rifts, your playstyle should at least partially reflect the circumstances by focusing on massive pulls, generic bonuses against enemies and chaining pylon effects.
The build maintains the basics from the GR progression build: you scout through the Rift with Vault, drawing monster attention with aggroing volleys of your own Multishot and Evasive Fire. Once you have a pull going, place turret charges down in a convenient Sentry "nest", and demolish them with a barrage of automated and mimicked shots. Rinse and repeat until the end of the Rift, while strengthening yourself with the massive Hatred restoration of Vengeance Seethe and the damage buff from Wolf Companion.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to burst down enemies quicker takes precedence.
- The centerpiece of the build remains Sentry, autonomous damage dealers that you can augment with your own shots, as they will mimic your Hatred spender barrage on top of their own. Stick with the rune Polar Station from GR progression, since they offer an easy proc for Bane of the Trapped.
- Multishot also remains the best Hatred spender for the purposes of speed GRs, as its massive AoE mows down entire screens of low health enemies and allows you to move from one fight to the next practically without leaving stragglers behind. The rune of choice for speed GRs is definitely Arsenal with the improved AoE from the additional rockets.
- Vengeance is still quite valuable in speed GRs, and with the speedy progression through the Rift most likely netting you a Channeling pylon for the entirety of the run you can take the rune Seethe for practically limitless Hatred spending.
- Evasive Fire still brings considerable value to the build — occasionally with the Hatred restoration from Focus, but more importantly as a proc for Wraps of Clarity.
- Marauder builds rely heavily on Companion, calling all the rune effects at your side through the 2-piece set bonus and using them for damage reduction via the interaction with Zoey's Secret. Your most valuable rune remains the multiplicative damage buff from Wolf Companion, but you gain the benefits of them all through the set.
- Mobility is paramount in any form of speed running, and you can cross the greatest distances via Vault Tumble — making it a fixture during GR farm.
- Passives from Greater Rift progression largely retain their value; Ballistics brings a multiplicative damage increase to rockets, Ambush assists you during your initial burst of damage, and Custom Engineering extends the duration and total number of active Sentry turrets. You can safely drop the extra damage from Cull the Weak in GR speed farming, and increase your movement speed instead with Tactical Advantage.
Your armor pieces will match your GR progression setup — with a cubed Ring of Royal Grandeur, you will retain your Marauder 6-piece set bonuses, and will also be able to include the craftable Captain Crimson set. Your weapon and offhand are also fixed to Yang's Recurve and Bombardier's Rucksack, as they are intrinsicly tied to the Marauder Multishot playstyle with their crucial bonuses. Wraps of Clarity offer solid protection that weaves itself perfectly in the usual Multishot rotation, so it also stays in.
Differences will come from your chosen jewelry, especially if you opted for an Endless Walk-based GR progression setup. In speedfarming, Squirt's Necklace is all but mandatory for its ubiquitous damage bonus, which you should be able to retain indefinitely as you destroy entire screens worth of enemies from a safe distance, dodging the legendary's "increased damage taken" downsides. For your rings, take a Convention of Elements for its rotation-based damage boost, and take advantage of your chosen cycle when you can, without stressing it too much. You can also take a Fire damage Stone of Jordan, if you prefer a more consistent bonus. Pair the offensive ring with a defensive choice in the form of Elusive Ring, which will allow you to make extremely aggresive Vaults all over the Rift, while simultaneously keeping a very high level of damage reduction.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
The entirety of your legendary gem selection from GR progression retains its full value in GR speed farming as well. Bane of the Trapped, Zei's Stone of Vengeance and Enforcer all bring separate sources of damage multiplication to the build that are just as helpful in the farming scenario.
Season 25 Soul Shards
In Season 25, your helm and weapon sockets will be taken over by the supremely powerful Soul Shards. For this build, we recommend:
- Helm: Sliver of Terror with All Resistance on its Rank 2 roll and "You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 50 enemies" as its Rank 3 power.
- Weapon: Essence of Anguish with Fire Skills Increase on its Rank 2 roll and "When you deal Poison damage to an enemy, they receive 50% increased Poison damage from all sources for 10 seconds" as its Rank 3 power. Remember to roll the weapon damage element type to Poison in order to take advantage of this power.
|Torso and Pants|
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
The entirety of your Kanai's Cube selection from GR progression retains its full value in GR speed farming as well. Dead Man's Legacy is a straight skill multiplier with an added bonus that complements the Ambush passive. Zoey's Secret brings 63% damage reduction from your Marauder-induced Companion followers. Ring of Royal Grandeur is necessary to tie the set bonuses of Marauder and Cpt. Crimson together.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during GR speed farming is the Enchantress, due to her cooldown reduction bonus (cutting down Vengeance and Wolf Companion downtime) and elemental damage increase. She also brings a cheat death from Fate's Lapse and an Attack Speed bonus from Focused Mind, all of which are valuable to the build. Note that this requires that you run Hand of the Prophet and optimize her survivability, as per our Follower guide.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
The preferred potions for this build are Bottomless Potion of Amplification (the highest pure health recovery pot, as its healing amplification procs itself for 75% health restoration), or Bottomless Potion of Rejuvenation (for the extra resource recovery proc when used below half HP — useful in a resource-intensive build such as this one). Pick whichever you feel helps you out the most.
- 07 Nov. 2021: Overhauled the guide for Season 25's changes.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Amulet of choice changed to Squirt's Necklace.
- 16 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 24 Jun. 2018: Added the guide.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Diablo Immortal Patch 1.3 & Hotfix Notes
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- Diablo 3 Season 24 End Date: December 5th
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Diablo 3 Season 25 PTR Is Live + Updated Patch Notes
- Season 25 Compendium for Diablo 3