Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter Nephalem Rift Speed Farming Variation
Nephalem Rift Speed Farming
The Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter deals excellently with Nephalem Rift Speed Farming, as the massive AoE of Multishot scales even better with the lower health pools of speed GRs, and you can transition into riskier, all-out aggressive playstyle with corresponding gear choices. We have solo speed GR rankings and solo speed T16 rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Arsenal 1 Vengeance Seethe 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Sentry Spitfire Turret|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
The T16 key farming build will mimic the GR speed farming rotation, but sped up one step further: extremely aggressive Vaulting all over the place, placing down a Sentry or two and Multishotting the screen down with their help, and then moving along — only stopping for a shot or two of Evasive Fire when Vengeance Seethe fails to keep up with your tremendous Hatred spending. Pop Wolf Companion frivolously, any time you see a fight coming or simply when it is off cooldown.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- You still rely on Sentry for the bulk of your damage, but you no longer have to build up nests of 5 turrets as you do in GR progression; simply plop down one or two per fight and help them out with a barrage of your own. Since you do not need to run Bane of the Trapped for T16s, Polar Station can be dropped in favor of either the small DPS gain from Spitfire Turret (our default recommendation), or the defensive utility of Guardian Turret.
- Multishot Arsenal offers the most AoE bang for your buck, which is all you care about in T16 keyfarm.
- Vengeance offers a nice damage multiplier as a base effect, but the impressive Hatred regeneration brought by the Seethe rune is your real reason for its inclusion. Pop it on cooldown. Whenever it is down and your Hatred reserves near depletion, fire away with Evasive Fire Focus.
- Companion remains a utility-packed cooldown even without taking Zoey's Secret (see below), but it is mostly taken for the nice damage boost from Wolf Companion.
- Mobility is paramount in any form of speed running, and you can cross the greatest distances via Vault Tumble — making it a fixture during T16 key farm.
- Passive-wise, keep Ballistics for the multiplicative damage increase to rockets from Arsenal and Ambush for the augmentation of your upfront burst, which is very likely to oneshot enemies in T16s. Complement them with speedfarm-appropriate passives like Tactical Advantage (for the extra movement speed) and Blood Vengeance (for the plentiful resource restoration as you effortlessly pick up health globes via Avarice Band).
Your armor pieces will match your GR progression setup — with a cubed Ring of Royal Grandeur, you will retain your Marauder 6-piece set bonuses, and will also be able to include the craftable Captain Crimson set. Your weapon and offhand are also fixed to Yang's Recurve and Bombardier's Rucksack, as they are intrinsicly tied to the Marauder Multishot playstyle with their crucial bonuses.
In T16s, your toughness will be taken care of by the cubed Goldwrap, along with the socketed Boon of the Hoarder and the Avarice Band worn by your follower. This gold triumvirate combo will render you practically invulnerable during standard rift farm, and will allow you to make reckless moves like Vaulting directly into Molten affix explosions and such. With that in mind, you should remove Wraps of Clarity from your bracer slot and replace them either by Warzechian Armguards in solo play (for the environment destruction-based speed boost), or Nemesis Bracers in group play (as you no longer have a follower and need to proc the elite spawns on your own).
Differences will come from your chosen jewelry, especially if you opted for an Endless Walk-based GR progression setup. In speedfarming, Squirt's Necklace is all but mandatory for its ubiquitous damage bonus, which you should be able to retain indefinitely as you are rendered impervious by the Goldwrap armor boost. For your rings, take a Fire damage Stone of Jordan for its consistent elemental and elite damage bonuses. Pair it with a defensive choice in the form of Elusive Ring, which will allow you to make extremely aggressive Vaults all over the Rift, while simultaneously keeping a very high level of damage reduction. If you feel you are overkilling on defenses, an alternative for this slot is Rechel's Ring of Larceny, a Fear-based movement speed buff, which can proc itself with its guaranteed Chance to Fear on Hit in its secondary stats.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Most of your legendary gem selection from GR progression retains its value in T16 Nephalem Rift speed farming. Both Enforcer and Zei's Stone of Vengeance still brings excellent damage multiplication value to the build. While certainly not weak, you should consider dropping Bane of the Trapped in order not to overkill on damage, and replace it with Boon of the Hoarder instead. Paired with a cubed Goldwrap, and an Avarice Band worn by your follower in solo play (or yourself in groups), this legendary gem increases your movement speed and provides near-infinite Toughness through its interaction with the aforementioned items.
|Torso and Pants|
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Most of your Kanai's Cube slots will be consistent in T16 runs as well. Dead Man's Legacy is a straight skill multiplier with an added bonus that complements the Ambush passive. Ring of Royal Grandeur is necessary to tie the set bonuses of Marauder and Cpt. Crimson together. As mentioned in previous paragraphs, use Goldwrap in the armor slot for the near-invulnerability it brings while you farm T16s.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during GR speed farming is the Enchantress, due to her cooldown reduction bonus (cutting down Vengeance and Wolf Companion downtime) and elemental damage increase. She also brings a cheat death from Fate's Lapse and an Attack Speed bonus from Focused Mind, all of which are valuable to the build. Note that this requires that you run Hand of the Prophet and optimize her survivability, as per our Follower guide.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
The preferred potions for this build are Bottomless Potion of Amplification (the highest pure health recovery pot, as its healing amplification procs itself for 75% health restoration), or Bottomless Potion of Rejuvenation (for the extra resource recovery proc when used below half HP — useful in a resource-intensive build such as this one). Pick whichever you feel helps you out the most.
- 13 Apr. 2022: Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 09 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Diablo Immortal Reaches Over 10 Million Downloads
- Diablo Immortal Hotfixes: June 6th
- Diablo Immortal Known Issues, Hotfixes, and Patch Notes for PC Open Beta
- Don't Forget to Turn on Auto Loot in Diablo: Immortal
- Diablo Immortal Blizzard Store Update and Health Potion Collector's Box
- New Diablo Immortal Wings and Pet in Diablo 3
- Diablo Immortal Guides and News Section Launch
- Diablo: Immortal Launch Guide: Global Release Times, PC Pre-Download and More