Monk Inna Exploding Palm and Mystic Ally Build
Welcome to our build guide for Inna Exploding Palm Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Having received a full rework in Patch 2.4, Inna's Mantra set brings a viable summon build to the Monk endgame table. This tanky, pet-centric build is available in two Greater Rift solo progression variants (Exploding Palm build and pure Mystic Ally build) and a regular Rift farming variation, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Inna Exploding Palm / Mystic Ally Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 1 Serenity Ascension 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Exploding Palm Impending Doom 4 Mystic Ally Water Ally|
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Dashing Strike Blinding Speed 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Inner Sanctuary Temple of Protection 4 Mystic Ally No rune chosen|
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Dashing Strike Radiance 1 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Breath of Heaven Zephyr 4 Mystic Ally No rune chosen|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Inna Exploding Palm / Mystic Ally Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Inna's Radiance
- Shoulders: Lefebvre's Soliloquy
- Gloves: Inna's Hold
- Chest: Inna's Vast Expanse (or Aquila Cuirass in Season 16)
- Belt: Inna's Favor
- Pants: Inna's Temperance
- Boots: The Crudest Boots
- Bracers: Bindings of the Lesser Gods
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Inna's Reach
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Pain Enhancer
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Low Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking to challenge yourself with an unorthodox, but still very viable build to complete the Season Journey with, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Furious Charge Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Some ideas to make a Rapid Fire build viable
- New'ish Build: Blood God Build
- Seismic Slam Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)