Necromancer Masquerade of the Burning Carnival Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7.2 / Season 25)
Fresh 70 Build
|Grim Scythe Frost Scythe Skeletal Mage Singularity 1 Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish 2 Land of the Dead Shallow Graves 3 Blood Rush Metabolism 4 Devour Devouring Aura|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The Necromancer's Masquerade set is quite strong, but unfortunately its powers hinge almost entirely on both the completion of the 6-piece set bonus, as well as the inclusion of two build-defining legendary items — Haunted Visions and Gelmindor's Marrow Guards. Because of that, it is advisable that you do not include any of the signature Masquerade set skills — Bone Spear and Simulacrum — early on, unless you stumble upon the respective items. Of course, as soon as you obtain Haunted Visions, insert Simulacrum in the build to enjoy the massive damage reduction from the 4-piece bonus.
Instead of constructing a traditional Bone Spear build, you should use a makeshift summoner with whatever items you come across, and strive to obtain the Masquerade pieces as soon as possible via the Haedrig's Gifts to transition into an endgame-appropriate build. Until then, use a combination of Essence restoration from Grim Scythe Frost Scythe (which you will continue to use with this set, so it is worth getting used to) and Essence spending with Skeletal Mage Singularity.
In order to gain more Essence for these resource draining, but supremely strong summons, you will be using a combination of the automated Corpse consumption of Devour Devouring Aura and the short-lived, but extremely strong Land of the Dead Shallow Graves cooldown. The former will help you with the gradual summoning and re-summoning of minions as they fall off, while the latter will allow you a brief moment of omnipotence and unlimited Essence spending — useful during tougher engagements.
Finish off your skill selection with mobility cooldowns; Blood Rush is the Necromancer's take on a movement spell, allowing you a quick reposition tool with double charges through the rune Metabolism. Bone Armor assists you with damage reduction as a base effect, and then adds a helpful movement speed angle with the rune Harvest of Anguish.
In your passives, bolster your Essence generation (you will need all the help you can get, considering the drain of Singularity) with Dark Reaping and Swift Harvesting, and prolong the usefulness of your summons with Extended Servitude. Final Service is a cheat death that can save you against overwhelming odds, but if you are feeling confident, you can alter this slot to Fueled by Death for the extra speed.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
- Bone Spear Build — Maltorius' Petrified Spike (2h Scythe); Reilena's Shadowhook (2h Scythe); Gelmindor's Marrow Guards (bracers); Krysbin's Sentence (ring).
- 10 Dec. 2021: Reviewed for Season 25.
- 23 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Season 24.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Diablo Immortal Reaches Over 10 Million Downloads
- Diablo Immortal Hotfixes: June 6th
- Diablo Immortal Known Issues, Hotfixes, and Patch Notes for PC Open Beta
- Don't Forget to Turn on Auto Loot in Diablo: Immortal
- Diablo Immortal Blizzard Store Update and Health Potion Collector's Box
- New Diablo Immortal Wings and Pet in Diablo 3
- Diablo Immortal Guides and News Section Launch
- Diablo: Immortal Launch Guide: Global Release Times, PC Pre-Download and More