Necromancer Trag'Oul's Avatar Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.7.2 / Season 25)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Necromancers who have access to the Trag'Oul's Avatar set.
This guide is part of our Necromancer Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Siphon Blood Blood Sucker Skeletal Mage Life Support 1 Devour Cannibalize 2 Blood Rush No rune chosen 3 Command Skeletons Freezing Grasp 4 Frailty Aura of Frailty|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
The starter Trag'Oul set build is a slight modification of the starting setup and the standard summoner Necro builds, as it still leans on the Skeletal Mage strengths but adds a blood spending angle to it with the Life Support rune. Always keep in mind the necessity to include a life spending attack, as the Trag'Oul set specifically empowers those skills. If you focus down on obtaining the Jesseth Arms set ( Jesseth Skullscythe and Jesseth Skullshield), which is a very efficient gearing path for this set, you can also keep Command Skeletons in the build and play around with their utility runes. Most notably, as soon as you obtain Krysbin's Sentence, swap their rune to Freezing Grasp for an extra proc of the ring.
You will not only keep the mobility tool Blood Rush, but augment it with the Trag'Oul set 2-piece bonus — netting you all its runes for free. This is a massive boon to the build, as you gain the double charges of Metabolism, the protection of Potency and healing of Transfusion, on top of removing the cost via Hemostasis.
While it is not necessary to do it from the get-go, we highly recommend that you get used to a manually cast Devour. With respect to endgame, rune choices like Cannibalize offer significant benefits over the lazier, but stripped down Devouring Aura.
Curses are an important aspect of the class, and you can reinforce your early farming potential with the staple Frailty Aura of Frailty. You can easily attach a defensive aspect to this offensive curse by equipping the common Dayntee's Binding belt.
Your final active skill slot should be occupied by a generator skill early on, particularly Siphon Blood Blood Sucker to balance out Essence and health costs simultaneously. As you cube key legendaries like Scythe of the Cycle however, this can be swapped for the synergy with Bone Armor Dislocation and you can transition into a generator-less setup.
You will maintain some of your leveling passives, particularly Extended Servitude for the extra Skeletal Mages duration and the extra speed of Fueled by Death. To augment the health interplay of the Trag'Oul set however, you should complete your passives with related choices like Blood for Blood and Life from Death.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Trag'Oul Corpse Explosion Build — Jesseth Arms set ( Jesseth Skullscythe and Jesseth Skullshield); Scythe of the Cycle (1h Scythe); Tasker and Theo (gloves); Circle of Nailuj's Evol, The Compass Rose, Krysbin's Sentence (rings); The Traveler's Pledge (amulet); Dayntee's Binding (belt).
- 10 Dec. 2021: Reviewed for Season 25.
- 23 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Season 24.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Reviewed for Season 23.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Reviewed for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 3 Celebrates 10 Years Today
- Diablo Immortal: Realm of Damnation Official Zone Preview
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Battle.net Balance Can Be Used for Purchases in Diablo Immortal
- Blizzard on Making Diablo Immortal for PC
- Diablo Immortal Launch Date and PC Open Beta