The Shadow's Mantle Set
Welcome to our Shadow's Mantle guide, where we tell you all about this Demon Hunter set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of The Shadow's Mantle Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of The Shadow's Mantle set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: The Shadow's Mask — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Socket, Crit Chance, Skill Damage
- Shoulders: The Shadow's Burden — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Cooldown Reduction, Area Damage, All Resistance
- Gloves: The Shadow's Grasp — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: The Shadow's Bane — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Vitality, 3 Sockets, Elite Damage Reduction
- Pants: The Shadow's Coil — Desirable stats: Dexterity, 2 Sockets, Vitality, All Resistance
- Boots: The Shadow's Heels — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Skill Damage, Vitality, All Resistance
How to Farm The Shadow's Mantle Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting The Shadow's Mantle pieces.
How to Use The Shadow's Mantle Set
The Shadow's Mantle is, quite fittingly, based around Shadow Power and single target damage, offering a unique, assassination-like playstyle for Demon Hunters. It forces you to equip melee weapons — very few of which are available or even viable for Demon Hunters — and compensates you with a tremendous damage bonus for them. Due to its 6-piece bonus, the set conforms you to Impale — somewhat disappointing, but also offering one of the most satisfying and tanky, in-your-face Demon Hunter playstyles.
- 2-piece bonus
- While equipped with a melee weapon, your damage is increased by 6000%.
- 4-piece bonus
- Shadow Power gains the effect of every rune and lasts forever.
- 6-piece bonus
- Impale deals an additional 75,000% weapon damage to the first enemy hit.
The 2-piece set bonus greatly increases your damage when you wield a melee weapon (from an admittedly meager list of worthy legendaries — Karlei's Point, Lord Greenstone's Fan and Sword of Ill Will). However this is one of the earliest damage spikes on a set in Diablo 3, so acquiring this bonus at the start of a Season is a huge spike of power.
The 4-piece set bonus is entirely defensive, and grants you permanence plus all the runes of Shadow Power. The extra movement speed of Shadow Glide, the damage reduction of Gloom, the doubling of life per hit from Blood Moon and the enemy slow of Night Bane make for a supreme utility package.
The 6-piece set bonus offers a humongous damage increase to Impale, resulting in one of the signature Demon Hunter assassination playstyles.
Builds using The Shadow's Mantle set
- 10 Dec. 2021: Updated for Season 25.
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 3 Celebrates 10 Years Today
- Diablo Immortal: Realm of Damnation Official Zone Preview
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Battle.net Balance Can Be Used for Purchases in Diablo Immortal
- Blizzard on Making Diablo Immortal for PC
- Diablo Immortal Launch Date and PC Open Beta