Chakram Demon Hunter Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Chakram Demon Hunter. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Chakram Demon Hunter can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (lower AoE and overall damage compared to its pure Multishot sibling), but otherwise handles the task with ease. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Chakram Razor Disk Multishot Wind Chill 1 Companion Wolf Companion 2 Vault Tumble 3 Preparation Invigoration 4 Vengeance Dark Heart|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
The build dynamic is somewhat identical to the progression build, with Chakram delivering the bulk of your damage and the use of Multishot Wind Chill for a Bane of the Trapped and Cull the Weak proc. You will move much more freely with the synergy between Vault and Tactical Advantage, and the progression role of Blood Vengeance in the build will revert to its better known speed farming qualities by feeding you a steady stream of resources through the interaction with you Avarice Band-augmented pickup radius.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- The vast majority of your skill and passive selection will remain identical to the progression build, as the rune choices adapt nicely to the requirements of speed farming: Chakram Razor Disk to deliver the damage, Multishot Wind Chill for the utility procs, Preparation Invigoration for the extra Discipline (note the Unhallowed Essence set dependency on Disc), Companion Wolf Companion for the damage buff, and Vault Tumble for the mobility.
- Vengeance remains a universally desired buff (made permanent with Dawn and a modest investment in Cooldown Reduction), but you can consider altering the protective rune Dark Heart to the extra damage of Side Cannons when you comfortably outscale the difficulty.
- Most of your passives will also remain intact: Blood Vengeance is both a damage buff for Chakram and a speed farming powerhouse, and Cull the Weak and Ambush bring excellent value to your burst. The only advisable change is to drop Steady Aim for Tactical Advantage, as it offers an excellent mobility boost for regular rift farming and bounties.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Unhallowed Essence, incorporating the same split as you would in progression — but instead of the Cpt. Crimson set,you will be including the Sage's Journey set for Death's Breath farming. Take Sage's Ribbon and Sage's Passage, and then complete both the UE and Sage set bonuses with a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube.
When speedfarming, it is recommended to switch away from the progression-oriented Wraps of Clarity, as their protection is overkill and the slot is best taken by a utility legendary. Either wearing Nemesis Bracers and cubing Warzechian Armguards or vice versa will speed up your clears with more frequent elites and environment destruction speed boosts.
As noted above, your jewelry during farming can be the Bastions of Will set ( Focus and Restraint); however, once you perfect your character and no longer want for burst, you should use utility-focused jewelry instead. A combination of Avarice Band and a Physical damage Stone of Jordan is a nice alteration. The union of Avarice Band with Boon of the Hoarder will greatly improve your speed, as well as feed into your gold reserve for the costly GR empowerments. The Physical SoJ will simply be a consistent, care-free damage increase as you farm.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights take significantly less time. Thus, the value of Bane of the Stricken diminishes and it is best replaced by Boon of the Hoarder. This gem — alongside the Avarice Band plus Goldwrap setup — completes the gold utility triumvirate that offers near-invulnerability and great speed in normal rifts.
|Torso and Pants|
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Sword of Ill Will remains a fixture in your weapon Cube slot, as a large chunk of your Chakram damage depends on its multiplication.
Our default recommendation for the armor Cube slot is Goldwrap, since its synergy with Boon of the Hoarder and Avarice Band will render you practically invincible during regular Rifts. If you are comfortable with your base survivability and want for more speed (especially useful in bounties), you can use Warzechian Armguards in this slot — Multishot is great at incidental environmental destruction for the movespeed procs.
In Season 22, you can augment the movement speed capabilities of the build by slotting Krelm's Buff Belt in the 4th opening of the Cube.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 30 Jun. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Overhaul of the page for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Squirt's Necklace is now the recommended amulet.
- 16 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 24 Mar. 2018: Added the guide.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon