Wizard Arcane Torrent Build With Manald Ring and Tal Rasha Set
Welcome to our build guide for Lightning Arcane Torrent Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
While Manald Heal's Greater Rift pushing capabilities are undeniable with Archon variants, this proc-based monstrosity of a ring spawns several viable non-Archon offshoots as well. The guide explains in detail several pure Tal Rasha set variations with a focus on lightning spells. The builds are presented with Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Arcane Torrent Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Teleport Calamity 1 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 2 Blizzard Snowbound 3 Magic Weapon Conduit 4 Ice Armor Crystallize|
|Spectral Blade Thrown Blade Teleport Calamity 1 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 2 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 3 Magic Weapon Deflection 4 Energy Armor Force Armor|
|Electrocute Chain Lightning Teleport Calamity 1 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 2 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 3 Magic Weapon Deflection 4 Energy Armor Force Armor|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Arcane Torrent Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom
- Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling
- Gloves: Tal Rasha's Grasp
- Chest: Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit (or Aquila Cuirass in Season 16)
- Belt: Tal Rasha's Brace
- Pants: Tal Rasha's Stride
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Manald Heal
- Weapon: Deathwish
- Offhand: Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare
3.2. Legendary Gems
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Orb of Infinite Depth
- Armor Slot: Aquila Cuirass (or Nemesis Bracers in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Halo of Arlyse
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but do not necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)