Wizard DMO Energy Twister Build
Welcome to our build guide for DMO Energy Twister Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Empowered by a vast array of supporting items, Energy Twister offers an unconventional, but mighty Wizard playstyle. Using the powers of Delsere's Magnum Opus set, this build manipulates the powers of time to its own needs, while forming tornados of horrifying destruction. This sustain damage, control-heavy spec is strictly oriented at Greater Rift progression.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the DMO Energy Twister Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Arcane Torrent Flame Ward Teleport Safe Passage 1 Slow Time Exhaustion 2 Energy Twister Raging Storm 3 Magic Weapon Deflection 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the DMO Energy Twister Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Shrouded Mask
- Shoulders: Dashing Pauldrons of Despair
- Gloves: Fierce Gauntlets
- Chest: Harness of Truth
- Belt: Hergbrash's Binding
- Pants: Leg Guards of Mystery
- Boots: Striders of Destiny
- Bracers: Ranslor's Folly
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Deathwish
- Offhand: Etched Sigil
3.2. Legendary Gems
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 30 Mar. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 30 Mar. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- 30 Mar. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)