Wizard Delsere's Magnum Opus (DMO) Fresh 70 Starter Build (Patch 2.6.7 / Season 19)
This build is a starter build for fresh Level 70 Wizards who have access to the Delsere's Magnum Opus (DMO) set.
This guide is part of our Wizard Seasonal Progress Guide, which also includes a leveling build and other early builds for fresh 70 characters.
Fresh 70 Build
|Wave of Force Heat Wave Slow Time Time Warp 1 Familiar Arcanot 2 Magic Weapon Force Weapon 3 Teleport Safe Passage 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
How to Play the Build: Skills and Rotation
Armed with the early 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses, no changes are recommended to the leveling and beginner 70 build outside of swapping Familiar Sparkflint to Slow Time Time Warp. Since you will effortlessly reduce the cooldown of Slow Time with regular casts of Explosive Blast from the leveling spec, it only makes sense to include this stronger AoE buff/utility skill.
At the 6-piece bonus, shift the build into its final form displayed above. This is a significant alteration from the leveling spec, but mostly concerns runes. The biggest change is in your primary damage dealing skill, changing from Disintegrate to Wave of Force Heat Wave. This circular AoE spender is mostly underused in the Wizard endgame, but makes for a great starting nuke in a DMO set build. Wave of Force falls into the list of eligible Slow Time resetting skills from the DMO 2-piece bonus, and benefits from the massive damage multiplier of the 6-piece bonus. It is relatively AP-efficient, allowing you to run it without a generator, and does not require any particular legendary items to be effective.
To provide for its costs, you will maintain Storm Armor Power of the Storm from the leveling build. You will also drop Explosive Blast (an inefficient choice before owning Wand of Woh) and re-introduce Familiar to the build, but this time with the AP regenerating Arcanot rune.
In your passives, it is recommended that you retain Illusionist — this is a powerful utility passive that can be easily overlooked, but in reality provides near unlimited mobility during intensive combat, as well as a frequently triggered general movespeed buff. During early gearing, similarly to other progression stages in the game, it is recommended that you take Unstable Anomaly for the cheat death. In the place of the long ranged Power Hungry, take its sister mirrored passive Audacity to better match the Wave of Force fighting range. Your final passive slot will vary according to your confidence in clearing the difficulty; either Blur for the extra safety, or Glass Cannon to finish runs even faster.
Gear and Builds Using This Set
The build above is specifically created not to require any additional sets or legendary items. In order to transition to a late game-oriented spec using the same set, we have a rough list of high priority items to obtain, as well as a link to the build they pertain to.
- Delsere's Arcane Orb Build — Unstable Scepter and Wand of Woh (wands); Triumvirate and Orb of Infinite Depth (sources); The Shame of Delsere (belt); Aquila Cuirass (chest); Halo of Arlyse and The Compass Rose (rings); The Traveler's Pledge (amulet); Ancient Parthan Defenders and Nemesis Bracers (bracers); In-geom (1h sword); The Furnace (2h mace).
- 22 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 4 GamesRadar Hands On - Death Kits, Difficulty and More
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Crusader Solo GR 150, 12 Mins with Great Commentary
- Season 20 PTR and Balance Blog Timing + All Diablo 3 Season Durations
- Diablo 4 Vs. 3 Vs. 2 Graphics and Art Style Comparisons
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV in 2020
- Old Diablo 3 Forums Shutting Down Today
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- (Seasonal)StoneClan is recruiting casual D3 players for seasonal play
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter The Thrill Conquest
- Efficient Regular Rifts Guide