Rexxar Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Rexxar. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Rexxar's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Rexxar's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Rexxar efficiently.
1. Rexxar's Tips and Tricks
- Rexxar's kit is one of the most challenging to master. Thus, we strongly recommend practising Misha's controls against the A.I. first before playing Rexxar in Hero and Team League.
- Due to his strong laning presence on maps like Braxis Holdout or Dragon Shire, Rexxar should usually be sent to a solo lane.
- Easy Prey provides Rexxar with powerful waveclear. Use it to quickly push lanes and clear Mercenary Camps.
- Do not forget that you can still control Misha while Feign Death is active.
- If you went for Animal Husbandry make sure to play even more carefully than you normally would, as a single death causes you to lose all the bonus health you accumulated to that point.
- Misha can be an excellent tool to intercept enemy abilities that were originally aimed at Rexxar.
2. Spirit Swoop
- Mana: 40
- Cooldown: 7 seconds
Deal 141 (+4% per level) damage to enemies in a line, slowing them by 30% for 2 seconds.
Spirit Swoop is a solid and straightforward ability that enables Rexxar to slow multiple enemies in order to hunt them more efficiently. It is important to keep in mind that this ability synergises extremely well with Misha, Charge! (his W), as it allows Misha to catch up to fleeing enemies and stun them more easily.
3. Misha, Charge!
- Mana: 45
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Misha charges in a line, dealing 59 (+4% per level) damage and stunning enemies for 1.25 seconds.
Misha, Charge! is by far the most impactful Basic Ability when playing as Rexxar. If you manage to control and position Misha effectively, this ability allows you to stun and damage multiple enemies at the same time, which can single handedly decide the outcome of a team fight. What we find particularly strong is the fact Misha can leap behind enemy Heroes and potentially body block them in narrow choke points. Furthermore, Misha, Charge! can be used defensively as well if you need Misha to retreat away from the enemy.
4. Mend Pet
- Mana: 55
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Heal Misha for 714 (+4% per level) Health over 5 seconds.
Being able to heal his bear companion is incredibly beneficial to Rexxar's overall combat performance because he feels fairly weak without Misha. Mend Pet has a relatively low cooldown, which means you can heal Misha at least once or twice during an average team fight. Since Mend Pet provides a heal-over-time instead of a burst heal, you will have to use it proactively in order to keep Misha alive. It is worth mentioning that Misha will return to Rexxar after a short while (around 5-10 seconds during the early-mid game and 20-30 seconds during the late game) if she is killed in battle.
5. Bestial Wrath
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 50 seconds
Increases Misha's Basic Attack damage by 150% for 12 seconds.
Bestial Wrath is a powerful Heroic Ability, especially for more experienced Rexxar players who know how to control their bear companion, as it increases Misha's power level significantly. While Bestial Wrath is active, her Basic Attacks deal more damage, which is very useful to burst a single target down very quickly. Choosing the Frenzy of Kalimdor talent at Level 20 adds a slow to Misha's Basic Attacks, which adds an overwhelming amount of strength to Rexxar's overall combat performance.
6. Unleash the Boars
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Release a herd of boars that track down all enemy Heroes in a direction, dealing 110 (+4% per level) damage, revealing, and slowing enemies by 40% for 5 seconds.
Unleash the Boars is very useful if your team lacks crowd control in general or if you face Stealthed Heroes like Nova or Zeratul. Since each boar will automatically track down its target, this Heroic Ability is very easy to use and thus suits less experienced players in particular. If timed correctly, notably when engaging the enemy team or chasing retreating opponents, Unleash the Boars is capable of securing important kills to your team that would not have been possible without it.
7. Misha, Focus!
- Cooldown: 0 seconds
Passive: Misha gains 15% move speed.
Command Misha to attack a specific enemy or move to a point and wait.
Targeting Rexxar commands Misha to retreat to his position, gaining 30% move speed until she reaches Rexxar.
Targeting Misha commands her to hold her current position.
Misha, Focus! is Rexxar's ability to control Misha very precisely, for instance if you want her to keep attacking a specific enemy target, regardless of what Rexxar attacks. Furthermore, Misha, Focus! allows Rexxar to use Misha as a designated scouting tool by placing her in key locations to provide vision to the rest of the team.
It is worth mentioning that when clicking on Rexxar himself, Misha gains a 30% Movement Speed buff, which can oftentimes be crucial to guarantee her survival.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Heroic Deals: February 19th
- Free-to-Play Heroes Rotation: February 19th
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: February 15th
- Heroic Deals: February 12th
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: February 12th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: February 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Cho
- Heroes of the Storm Azmodan
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AZMODAN!
- Heroes of the Storm Ana
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Heroes of the Storm Auriel
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AURIEL!