Rexxar Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Rexxar. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Rexxar's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Rexxar's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Rexxar efficiently.
Rexxar's Tips and Tricks
- Rexxar's kit is one of the most challenging to master. Thus, we strongly recommend practicing Misha's controls against the A.I. or in Quick Match first before playing Rexxar in Storm League.
- Due to his strong laning presence on maps like Braxis Holdout or Dragon Shire, Rexxar should usually be sent to a solo lane.
- Easy Prey provides Rexxar with powerful waveclear. Use it to quickly push lanes and clear Mercenary Camps.
- Do not forget that you can still control Misha while Feign Death is active.
- If you went for Animal Husbandry, make sure to play even more carefully than you normally would, as a single death causes you to lose all the bonus health you accumulated to that point.
- Misha can be an excellent tool to intercept enemy abilities that were originally aimed at Rexxar or his allies.
- Mana: 40
- Cooldown: 7 seconds
Deal 141 (+4% per level) damage to enemies in a line, slowing them by 30% for 2 seconds.
Spirit Swoop is a solid and straightforward ability that enables Rexxar to slow multiple enemies in order to hunt them more efficiently. It is important to keep in mind that this ability synergises extremely well with Misha, Charge! (his W), as it allows Misha to catch up to fleeing enemies and stun them more easily.
- Mana: 45
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Misha charges in a line, dealing 150 (+4% per level) damage and stunning enemies for 1.25 seconds.
Misha, Charge! is by far the most impactful Basic Ability when playing as Rexxar. If you manage to control and position Misha effectively, this ability allows you to stun and damage multiple enemies at the same time, which can single handedly decide the outcome of a team fight. What we find particularly strong is the fact Misha can leap behind enemy Heroes and potentially body block them in narrow choke points. Furthermore, Misha, Charge! can be used defensively as well if you need Misha to retreat away from the enemy or intercept skillshots that were aimed at Rexxar or his allies.
- Mana: 60
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Heal Misha for 714 (+4% per level) Health over 5 seconds.
Being able to heal his bear companion is incredibly beneficial to Rexxar's overall combat performance because he feels fairly weak without Misha. Mend Pet has a relatively low cooldown, which means you can heal Misha at least once or twice during an average team fight. Since Mend Pet provides a heal-over-time instead of a burst heal, you will have to use it proactively in order to keep Misha alive. It is worth mentioning that Misha will return to Rexxar after a short while (around 5-10 seconds during the early-mid game and 20-30 seconds during the late game) if she is killed in battle.
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 50 seconds
Increases Misha's Basic Attack damage by 200% for 12 seconds.
Bestial Wrath is a powerful Heroic Ability, especially for more experienced Rexxar players who know how to control their bear companion, as it increases Misha's power level significantly. While Bestial Wrath is active, her Basic Attacks deal more damage, which is very useful to burst a single target down very quickly. Choosing the Frenzy of Kalimdor talent at Level 20 adds a slow to Misha's Basic Attacks, which adds an overwhelming amount of strength to Rexxar's overall combat performance.
Unleash the Boars
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Release a herd of boars that track down all enemy Heroes in a direction, dealing 110 (+4% per level) damage, revealing, and slowing enemies by 40% for 5 seconds.
Unleash the Boars is very useful if your team lacks crowd control in general or if you face Stealthed Heroes like Nova or Zeratul. Since each boar will automatically track down its target, this Heroic Ability is very easy to use and thus suits less experienced players in particular. If timed correctly, notably when engaging the enemy team or chasing retreating opponents, Unleash the Boars is capable of securing important kills to your team that would not have been possible without it.
- Cooldown: 0.125 seconds
Passive: Misha gains 15% move speed.
Command Misha to attack a specific enemy or move to a point and wait.
Targeting Rexxar commands Misha to retreat to his position, gaining 30% move speed until she reaches Rexxar.
Targeting Misha commands her to hold her current position.
Misha, Focus! is Rexxar's ability to control Misha very precisely, for instance if you want her to keep attacking a specific enemy target, regardless of what Rexxar attacks. Furthermore, Misha, Focus! allows Rexxar to use Misha as a designated scouting tool by placing her in key locations to provide vision to the rest of the team.
It is worth mentioning that when clicking on Rexxar himself, Misha gains a slight Movement Speed buff, which can oftentimes be crucial to guarantee her survival.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Added some minor updates to Rexxar's Abilities.
- Introducing Mastery Rings
- Heroic Deals: October 15th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: October 15th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: October 11th
- Heroic Deals: October 8th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 8th
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: October 4th
- Heroes of the Storm Kel'Thuzad
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers
- Heroes of the Storm Varian
- Heroes of the Storm Rehgar
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters