Rexxar Abilities and Strategy
Welcome to our Abilities page for Rexxar. Here, we give you an overview of every ability in Rexxar's kit. For each of them, we explain what it does, how to best use it, and how it works in combination with Rexxar's other abilities. We also give you strategy tips to play Rexxar efficiently.
Rexxar's Tips and Tricks
- Considering his unique design, it is advised to familiarize with the unique way to control Misha by spending some minutes in Try Mode before playing a match as Rexxar.
- Use [Alt + D] to self-cast Misha, Focus! and quickly call Misha to your side.
- Misha can be an excellent tool to intercept enemy Abilities that were originally aimed at Rexxar or a vulnerable ally.
- Mana: 40
- Cooldown: 7 seconds
Deal 141 (+4% per level) damage to enemies in a line, slowing them by 30% for 2 seconds.
Spirit Swoop is a solid and straightforward Ability that enables Rexxar to Slow multiple enemies in order to hunt them more efficiently, but you usually want to hit a single Hero because trying to hit more will force you to go out of position and risk dying for nothing.
- Mana: 45
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Misha charges in a line, dealing 150 (+4% per level) damage and stunning enemies for 1.25 seconds.
Misha, Charge! is by far the most impactful Ability when playing as Rexxar. If you manage to control and position Misha effectively, this Ability allows you to Stun and damage multiple enemies at the same time, which can single handedly decide the outcome of a team fight. What we find particularly strong is the fact Misha can leap behind enemy Heroes and potentially body block them in narrow choke points. Furthermore, it can be used defensively as well if you need Misha to retreat away from the enemy or intercept skillshots that were aimed at Rexxar or his allies.
- Mana: 70
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Heal Misha for 714 (+4% per level) Health over 5 seconds.
Being able to heal Misha is incredibly beneficial to Rexxar's overall combat performance because he feels fairly weak without Misha. Mend Pet has a relatively low cooldown, which means you can heal Misha at least once or twice during an average team fight, but pay attention to your Mana because it consumes a considerable amount of that. Since this Ability provides a heal-over-time instead of a burst heal, you will have to use it proactively in order to keep Misha alive. It is worth mentioning that Misha will respawn nearby Rexxar after a short while (around 5-10 seconds during the early-mid game and 20-30 seconds during the late game) if she is killed in battle.
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 50 seconds
Increases Misha's Basic Attack damage by 200% for 12 seconds.
Bestial Wrath causes Misha's Basic Attacks to hit very hard, something that can be used to pressure priority targets in the enemy backline. All that said, smart opponents will just focus down Misha and render this strategy useless. In that case, use Misha to attack the enemy frontline instead.
Unleash the Boars
- Mana: 75
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Release a herd of boars that track down all enemy Heroes in a direction, dealing 110 (+4% per level) damage, revealing, and slowing enemies by 40% for 5 seconds.
Unleash the Boars is a strong Slow that will help your team to engage, to hunt down fleeing enemies, and to reveal nearby Stealthed Heroes. Do not underestimate the Slow provided because it will help your team to position and move better than the enemy team during a team fight.
- Cooldown: 0.125 seconds
Passive: Misha gains 15% move speed.
Command Misha to attack a specific enemy or move to a point and wait.
Targeting Rexxar commands Misha to retreat to his position, gaining 30% move speed until she reaches Rexxar.
Targeting Misha commands her to hold her current position.
Misha, Focus! is Rexxar's ability to control Misha very precisely, for instance if you want her to keep attacking a specific enemy target, regardless of what Rexxar attacks. Furthermore, it allows Rexxar to use Misha as a designated scouting tool by placing her in key locations to provide vision to the rest of the team. It is worth mentioning that when clicking on Rexxar himself, Misha gains a slight Movement Speed buff, which can oftentimes be crucial to guarantee her survival.
- 26 Mar. 2020: Ability and Strategy fully revised to match new standards.
- Tips and Tricks modified to add important tips that were missing and to remove obvious ones that were not worth mentioning.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Added some minor updates to Rexxar's Abilities.
- Diablo 2 Gameplay AI Upscaled to 4K, 60 FPS
- New Very Funny Diablo 2 Carbot Animations Series: Diablols 2
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Nexomania II Event Preview (June 23rd - September 7th)
- Bringing Mei Into the Nexus
- Heroes of the Storm Mei Patch Notes: June 23rd
- How do I get out of Bronze/Silver?
- Heroes of the Storm Mei
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Totally accurate rank list of heroes of the storm
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?
- Heroes of the Storm Muradin