Demon Hunter Unhallowed Essence Multishot Build
Welcome to our build guide for Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Having received yet another damage spike in 2.4 through the skill bonuses on Dead Man's Legacy and the introduction of Visage of Gunes and Dawn, Demon Hunters add to the Yang's Recurve arsenal for a formidable, endgame Multishot build. This far range, huge AoE playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Arsenal 1 Preparation Invigoration 2 Vengeance Seethe 3 Vault Tumble 4 Companion Wolf Companion|
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Wind Chill 1 Preparation Invigoration 2 Vengeance Seethe 3 Vault Tumble 4 Companion Wolf Companion|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Accursed Visage (or Visage of Gunes in Season 16)
- Shoulders: Unsanctified Shoulders
- Gloves: Fiendish Grips
- Chest: Cage of the Hellborn
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Unholy Plates
- Boots: Hell Walkers
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Dexterity
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Yang's Recurve
- Offhand: Dead Man's Legacy
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Dawn
- Armor Slot: Visage of Gunes (or Cindercoat in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Convention of Elements
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 23 Feb. 2018 (skills page): Added note for the Physical variant of this build.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): Minor revisions made to the guide to reflect the Patch 2.6.1 buffs.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)