Zuni Carnevil Poison Dart Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Zuni Carnevil Poison Dart Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
The Zuni / Carnevil Poison Dart Witch Doctor can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (needing specific weaponry setup, depriving the build of speedrunning Manajuma set options). We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Poison Dart Spined Dart Haunt Poisoned Spirit 1 Piranhas Piranhado 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
When you are speed farming regular rifts, parts of your playstyle will adapt to the lowered challenge and focus more on speed and utility.
The DoD build opens up runs with a summon of the Fetish Army, quickly rushing to the nearest fight to open up the Poison Dart barrage and swell the army's ranks via Fetish Sycophants. You will exert control over the enemy via Piranhas Piranhado, and increase their damage taken with regular Haunt Poisoned Spirits. Speed yourself up throughout the rift through a combination of Spirit Walk Severance and Soul Harvest Soul to Waste, and keep your Gruesome Feast stacked with an Avarice Band.
Parts of the skill and passive selection will overlap with the base Greater Rift progression build, but others will have to change according to the task at hand. Ability to cross over great distances faster and more efficiently take precedence.
- Your main damage dealer is still Poison Dart Spined Dart, its damage mimicked by Fetish Army Legion of Daggers and their interaction with Carnevil.
- You should alter Mana spender duties for the Zunimassa 6-piece set bonus between Piranhas Piranhado, which remains a reliable source of crowd control, and Haunt Poisoned Spirit.
- While a movement skill is still necessary (if not more) during speed farming, you should adapt Spirit Walk from the safer Jaunt to the faster movement of the Severance rune.
- The same applies to Soul Harvest, which is still a valuable buff, but instead of the overkill toughness of Languish, it should alter to the movespeed bonuses of Soul to Waste.
- Taking out the moderate but consistent damage bonuses of Confidence Ritual for the "higher killspeed, bigger reward" bonuses of Gruesome Feast.
- Since the extra damage from Pierce the Veil will not be required, remove it for the movement speed increase of Fierce Loyalty.
You will still be taking advantage of the full 6-piece set bonuses of Zunimassa, incorporating the same split as you would in progression — but instead of the Aughild set, you will be including utility legendary items like Nemesis Bracers and Pauldrons of the Skeleton King. Of course, you will get the complete Zuni bonuses by using a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the Cube.
The static positioning-dependent bonuses of the Endless Walk set greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. That progresion-oriented jewelry will be better replaced by The Flavor of Time for the doubled duration of pylon bonuses, and an Avarice Band. Avarice Band's pickup radius bonus is incredibly synergistic with a Witch Doctor, as it benefits not only your movement speed through a socketed Boon of the Hoarder, but also your staple speed farm passives like Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast.
Since the extra DPS from The Witching Hour likely will not be necessary, you can also wear a Goldwrap. Synergizing with Boon of the Hoarder, Goldwrap will render you practically invulnerable and allow you to focus on killing and looting without regards for your safety.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Once you are confident with your damage in Torments, you can substitute Bane of the Trapped with Boon of the Hoarder to increase your movement speed and provide near-infinite Toughness through its interaction with Goldwrap.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Both Echoing Fury and Mask of Jeram are necessary in the weapon and armor Cube slots respectively, with the former bringing massive Attack Speed value, and the latter being a direct buff to your summons.
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Zunimassa as well as your array of utility legendaries, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Enriched the guide with additional information and improved its stat table.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations were revised for Season 18.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)