Shadow Impale Demon Hunter Group Progression Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Group Progression variant of Shadow Impale Demon Hunter. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Group Progression
Even though it is not the top performing single target damage spec for groups, the Shadow Impale Demon Hunter is still very viable and highly ranking build in group clears.
2. Adapting Skills
|Impale Grievous Wounds Companion Wolf Companion 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Marked for Death Valley of Death 3 Vault Tumble 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
As the group's single target clearer, you will swap the Ricochet rune of Impale to Grievous Wounds.
Since your toughness and crowd control will be taken care of by support teammates, switch Fan of Knives Bladed Armor out for the additive damage boost of Marked for Death Valley of Death to better assist your AoE DPS teammate.
Due to the scaling health numbers in 4-man groups and the stacking mechanic of Bane of the Stricken, Ambush from the soloing spec greatly diminishes in value for your primary party role — the boss killer. Take Single Out in its place for consistency during the GR Guardian kill.
3. Adapting Gear
When pushing group GRs, the timing of Convention of Elements and the defense of Elusive Ring will both be misplaced, so you can swap to the consistent damage increase from a Physical-rolled Stone of Jordan.
For the bracer slot, consider taking Physical damage Lacuni Prowlers for maximum damage output on the Rift Guardian.
In group GRs where you will be limited by the pace of the party, simply switch belts to the glass cannon staple The Witching Hour to optimize damage against the boss.
3.1. Season 16 Adjustments
4. Adapting Gemming
In group Greater Rifting, you will be tasked with taking down the Rift Guardian. No other gem will help you in that regard quite as much as Bane of the Stricken.
|Torso and Pants|
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Bungie Regains Publishing Rights for Destiny
- 2 Chief Financial Officers Left Activision Blizzard in 2019
- The Darkening of Tristram Anniversary Event Returns!
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #32
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Condemn Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Bone Storm Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)